My phone just stopped working last night. Today I did some research and found that I need to put the updates on my phone. Tried this and got an error 507. Did more research and found that I need to download Blackberry Desktop Software on my computer first. Tried to download the Blackberry Desktop Software and then I get this message

"The version of this file is not compatible with the version of Windows you are running. Check your computer�s system information to see if you need an x86 (32-bit) or x64 (64-bit) version of the program and then contact the software publisher."

OMG. What do I do now? Who do I contact? When I try to contact it sends me to forums. I just want my phone back. Please help. I have not even had the phone for a year as yet.

Please. Please. Please
    04-12-13 10:00 PM
    You need to reinstall your OS. There is no other way.

If you're not technically minded, you need to take it to nearest repair shop.

My phone just stopped working last night. Today I did some research and found that I need to put the updates on my phone. Tried this and got an error 507. Did more research and found that I need to download Blackberry Desktop Software on my computer first. Tried to download the Blackberry Desktop Software and then I get this message

"The version of this file is not compatible with the version of Windows you are running. Check your computer�s system information to see if you need an x86 (32-bit) or x64 (64-bit) version of the program and then contact the software publisher."

OMG. What do I do now? Who do I contact? When I try to contact it sends me to forums. I just want my phone back. Please help. I have not even had the phone for a year as yet.

Please. Please. Please

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    04-12-13 10:05 PM
    Thanks. But in order for me to reinstall the OS I need the BB desktop software and I am having problems downloading that. How do I get the software?
    04-12-13 10:11 PM
    We need more info What OS are you running on your computer? Also, what do you mean you phone just stopped working? What OS version did the phone have and what version were you trying to update to?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    04-12-13 10:14 PM

Please. Please. Please
    1) Determine if your computer is 32 or 64 but then go to the BlackBerry website and download the latest version of Desktop Manager.
    2) Completey un install any previous version of 9900 OS.
    3) Download for latest official version of 9900 device OS from your service provider.
    4) You can also use an OS from another carrier as long as it's for the 9900, however this is a little more difficult if you're not familiar with the process. If that's the case, stick with official OS approved by your service provider.
    5) Download and allow the OS to install on your computer.
    6) Connect the 9900 and launch Desktop Manager, it should connect and recognize the 9900. You should get a prompt for the update. Always, Always, Always backup your device before loading a new OS.
    7) If Desktop Manager doesn't recognize the 9900, then you will need to run the update using AppLoader file. Also, error 507 just means that there is no OS loaded on the 9900. In fact during the update process it is normal to see an error 507.

Refer to this guide put together by a very knowledgeable forum member, elite 1.

ELITE1's OS UPGRADE GUIDE
    (updated 2012-09-01)

(Optional) Uninstall any previous OS from PC.
    Download OS to PC. Use Internet Explorer, not Firefox or Chrome. (For leaked versions, browser is irrelevant.)
    *If 100% certain you previously used FF or Chrome on same PC to DL an OS successfully, feel free to use FF or Chrome again.
    Following successful DL, run OS file to install OS on PC.
    On BB, go to BBM Options, scroll down to Backup section. Ensure Remote Backup is enabled AND also conduct a Local Backup to media card.
    Go through any 3rd party apps with option to save settings to media card. Conduct Backup to media card within each of these apps. (Examples: Bellshare apps like BerryBuzz & BerryWeather; QuickLaunch; Shao's apps like Wallpaper Changer & SixTools; etc).
    Connect BB to PC. Open DM and backup device. Close DM.
    (Optional) Use desktop app like BBSAK or BBMCP to backup 3rd party apps.
    On PC, delete Vendor file located here:
    64-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files (x86)/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader
    32-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader
    (Optional/Recommended) Run BBH Tool (formerly Shrink-A-OS) or BB Boss v2.2 (not as updated as BBHT).
    In same AppLoader file where you deleted Vendor, double-click Loader to load OS to BB. Follow onscreen instructions.
    After loading OS, perform several physical battery pulls over first 1-2 days for OS to "settle in." Perform first batt pull very soon after OS is loaded.

**TROUBLESHOOTING**
    How to Fix OS not Appearing as Available
    There are 2 common reasons:

A. HIDDEN VENDOR FILE
    Consider trying this new desktop app to remove Vendor from several common locations:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-files-709738/

If manually deleting Vendor, always hold down SHIFT and press DELETE to permanently delete.
    Check here first:
    64-bit: Computer\C:\Users\{USER NAME}\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML
    32-bit: Computer\C:\Documents and Settings\{USER NAME}\Application Data\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML
    If Loader still doesn't make new OS available, search PC for "Vendor".

If Vendor is not found anywhere, see below to delete contents of AppLoader folder. (Folder where you found Loader & Vendor.)

B. APPLOADER FOLDER ITEMS
    Uninstall the OS: Control Panel\Programs and Features, highlight this BlackBerry Device Software, click Uninstall at top.
    Delete AppLoader folder contents: Highlight any item, CTRL+A to select all, SHIFT+DELETE to permanently delete.
    64-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files (x86)/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader
    32-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader
    Restart PC.
    Re-install OS on PC: Go to your browser's downloads section, double-click OS to start InstallShield Wizard.
    Delete Vendor: Return to AppLoader folder, highlight Vendor, SHIFT+DELETE.
    Load OS to BB: Attach BB to PC, double-click Loader (in AppLoader folder, where you deleted Vendor).

Posted via CB10
    bermie66 likes this.
    04-12-13 10:29 PM
    Windows 7 64 Bit. I was able to download the BB desktop software so now I can reinstall my operating system.

I was laying in bed playing a word game on my phone. I put it down. When I looked over at it, it had the BB startup screen with the line about 3/4 of the way and then it would go blank and the hour glass and the startup screen, all night last night and all day today.

Hopefully I can reinstall the OS. Will keep you posted if it works for me.

Using this website - How to Reload the Operating System on a Nuked or Bricked BlackBerry | CrackBerry.com
    04-12-13 10:29 PM
    I got my phone back. Thanks so much for your help.
    04-12-13 11:09 PM