hey guys im new to crackberry!

well i was just wondering, my sister gave me her at&t blackberry 9700 but im a prepaid tmobile blackberry 8520 user. I was wondering if i unlock the bb 9700 can i used that with my prepaid tmobile sim?

thanx in advance!
    08-16-11 08:11 PM
    Yes. But u won't get 3G. Diff. freq.
    08-16-11 09:49 PM
    You'll get the same as your tmobile 8520, EDGE, but you'll have a newer device. Make sure to release the old PIN and add the new PIN via the BIS website or have tmobile do it for you.

PS. Keep the 8520 as a spare should the 9700 give you serious trouble that hinders it's operation.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-17-11 12:59 AM
    what is the BIS website? and how do i do that on the site?

and if i call tmobile what would i have to say to release my old PIN and add the new PIN??
    08-17-11 06:43 AM
    what is the BIS website? and how do i do that on the site?

and if i call tmobile what would i have to say to release my old PIN and add the new PIN??
    Call tmobile and explain everything that's going on, they should be able to fix it on their end.

08-17-11 11:16 AM
    Call tmobile and explain everything that's going on, they should be able to fix it on their end.

I have paid to obtain the code to unlock my SIM from my BB 9700. I need to be able to use other pre-paid SIM card on account of my frequent travel (for which my company issues a phone with a local SIM card, a real hassle managing an extra device etc.). I wanted to know, whether it is OK to unlock the SIM without any advserse impact on Mail, Internet browsing and Messaging.
    08-19-11 04:18 AM
    I have paid to obtain the code to unlock my SIM from my BB 9700. I need to be able to use other pre-paid SIM card on account of my frequent travel (for which my company issues a phone with a local SIM card, a real hassle managing an extra device etc.). I wanted to know, whether it is OK to unlock the SIM without any advserse impact on Mail, Internet browsing and Messaging.
    Unlocking won't have any affect on usability of the device. Just make sure to release the old device's pin and add the new one to BES or BIS from the website/server settings.

08-19-11 04:20 AM
    Yes, just unlock it online in minutes and insert your SIM card to your Unlocked Blackberry device - it will work like a charm.
    08-19-11 04:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD