So I connected my Rogers Bold to DM Manager today and it apparently upgraded to .282

I wanted to downgrade to .247 so I read some how to's and dowloaded crackmem. When I click wipe device though, it seemed to load .247 bare bones on and not give me the white screen with the error that it is supposed to.

What is the easiest way for me to get this back to how it was before I plugged it into DM an hour ago.

Thanks,
    07-16-09 02:24 PM
    What OS were you running? I'd probably wipe it using jl_cmder and make sure you delete all OSs from your pc. Then once it's wiped, reinstall 247 on your pc and connect to DM. Either that or use app loader.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-16-09 02:36 PM
    What OS were you running? I'd probably wipe it using jl_cmder and make sure you delete all OSs from your pc. Then once it's wiped, reinstall 247 on your pc and connect to DM. Either that or use app loader.

OK, got it wiped and connected it back to DM seems to be working. What was the other option apploader?? Not familiar with that.

So then when I restore my device from the backup that was created when .282 installed I should get all my settings and such back and just have to reinstall all third party apps correct?
    07-16-09 02:42 PM
    Apploader is an executable file that you can double click on to install an OS instead of using DM. You would need to drill down from the Research in Motion folder but if DM is going okay I wouldn't bother with that now.

Yes, after restoring settings, etc from the backup the next step would be to reinstall your 3rd party apps using DM. You may have to reconfigure a couple of them but things should go fine for you. Please post back after you're done!

07-16-09 03:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD