Hey everyone!
    I need some help with organizing my memory card. I have duplicate pics and need to clean up some things. If I do it one by one on my Bold, it will take forever. So, I'm wandering if there is a way (and I'm sure there is) to put my memory card into a memory card adaptor and put in in my hard drive memory card reader and organize that way? Can I then delete, arrange into different folders, etc and have it stay organized when I put my memory card back into my BB? If so, how do I do it? What's the simpliest way?
    Please help!!
    06-22-09 05:25 PM
    I connect via USB and access the Media Card directly. Delete all photos, videos, music I don't want.

You can arrange into different folders so when you go to PHotos you will see multiple folders you created.

Example:
    Family Photos
    Party Pictures
    etc..

You can also use the card reader and connect it direclty to your PC/laptop. I tend to use the USB b/c i'm connected on my laptop and at the same time is charging
    06-22-09 05:29 PM
    So..after I plug my phone into my hard drive, what do I do next? Sorry, this is all new to me!! Thanks for your help!
    06-22-09 05:31 PM
    USB drivers should be installed automatically, you may need to insert the CD that came when you got the phone. After the drivers are installed, I believe you will have two devices show up. Blackerry (the device memory) and Blackberry2 (which is the memory card). Please post in you run into any issues or need further assistance ^.^

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-22-09 05:36 PM
    Plug your berry into the pc. Then enable mass storage mode when prompted, then the blackberry acts like any removable disk drive. Then you can access the pics and arrange them as you wish.

06-22-09 05:37 PM
    When I plug my phone into my computer, I have these options:
    1. Play, using Windows Media Player
    2. Create disc, using DVD Suite Deluxe
    3. Transfer music, using Media Import
    4. Import pictures, using Windows
    5. View pictures, using Windows
    6. View pictures, using Windows Media Center
    7. Import and view your photoes, using HP Photosmart
    8. Create disc or edit image, using DVD Suite Deluxe
    9. Transfer pictures, usng Media Import
    10. View/Download images, using Canon ZoomBrowser

All of these choices confuse me!!!
    06-22-09 05:41 PM
    I'm not prompted to enable mass storage mode but I believe I have it turned on in my phone.
    06-22-09 05:42 PM
    Plug your berry into the pc. Then enable mass storage mode when prompted, then the blackberry acts like any removable disk drive. Then you can access the pics and arrange them as you wish.

I'd like to barge in if I may...I never get prompted to enable 'mass storage' when I connect; I do have a memory card installed and have pictures and music stored on it. is there something I'm not doing correctly?
    06-22-09 05:46 PM
    When I plug my phone into my computer, I have these options:
    1. Play, using Windows Media Player
    2. Create disc, using DVD Suite Deluxe
    3. Transfer music, using Media Import
    4. Import pictures, using Windows
    5. View pictures, using Windows
    6. View pictures, using Windows Media Center
    7. Import and view your photoes, using HP Photosmart
    8. Create disc or edit image, using DVD Suite Deluxe
    9. Transfer pictures, usng Media Import
    10. View/Download images, using Canon ZoomBrowser

All of these choices confuse me!!!
    These are all options for what you can do with the data... I have something similar when I plug my BB in. I do have one option that says 'open folder to view files' which you don't have listed. I'm using XP and a wondering if you're using Vista (I should know really as my wife uses Vista).
    I would close down the options and go to 'my computer'. You're BB plugged in should come up like two external drives, one for the internal memory and one for the memory card inserted into the BB. Internal is usually BLACKBERRY1 and the card, BLACKBERRYCARD or BLACKBERRY2.

You should be able to explore these as if they were normal files on Windows.
    06-22-09 05:59 PM
    I get a screen to put in my password...I get a little bubble that appears and tells me I'm connected...I get the picture on my Bold of the laptop and the phone...but that's it. I check "computer" on my laptop (running vista) and I only see the C drive, the recovery drive and the DVD drive...my Mass Storage mode selector was set to 'ON', I changed it to 'Prompt'...no difference
    Last edited by bumblesbounce; 06-22-09 at 06:18 PM.
    06-22-09 06:14 PM
    Yes, I do have the option to open folder to view files. Is that what I should choose? What do I do then?
    06-22-09 06:23 PM
    I get a screen to put in my password...I get a little bubble that appears and tells me I'm connected...I get the picture on my Bold of the laptop and the phone...but that's it. I check "computer" on my laptop (running vista) and I only see the C drive, the recovery drive and the DVD drive...my Mass Storage mode selector was set to 'ON', I changed it to 'Prompt'...no difference
    Hmm... ok... Never seen that before.. Bear with me, I'm a hands on kinda guy and have to actually have it in front of me so I can mess around with it.. I'm gonna try my wife's pc when she's finished and see what I get from it. In the meantime, was there something specific you wanted to be able to do with the BB or is it just the lack of connectivity options?
    06-22-09 06:23 PM
    I'd like to barge in if I may...I never get prompted to enable 'mass storage' when I connect; I do have a memory card installed and have pictures and music stored on it. is there something I'm not doing correctly?
    If you can access it, it's set to always rather than Prompt. If nothing happens, you need to enable it.
    06-22-09 06:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD