I want to setup my email accounts with my wifi network not my sim card network. how should I do this?
    08-19-11 09:31 AM
    Not exactly sure what you mean. Are you wanting to only use wifi when setting them up, or are you saying you want to configure them to only use the wifi connection when receiving mail? I don't think you can designate this option.

You need to use the e-mail setup app or simply log into the BIS web page to add your e-mail accounts. If you are connected to wifi, your BB should use wifi. You could turn off your mobile network connection and simply use wifi. May I ask why this is important?
    08-19-11 09:58 AM
    when I want to use for example instant message app on my phone after I enter my username and password it says that "This service is unavailable for this handheld" what does it mean?
    08-19-11 10:07 AM
    That means you need an active blackberry internet service to use it. Its an additional service, and NOT the same as a generic data plan

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-19-11 10:23 AM
    You must have a BlackBerry-specific data plan with BIS support in order to use BBM, get push email, etc. These services depend on the RIM network of servers to provide functionality. There are ways to configure the web browser to only use wifi, but if you don't have a BlackBerry data plan, you will not be able to set up e-mail accounts on your BB. You will only be able to access your e-mail via the web browser.
    08-19-11 10:33 AM
    Thanks a lot for your help.
    08-19-11 10:44 AM
    also note if you are Canadian, you can just get IM plans which are cheaper than general data plans. might help save you some $ if you are just looking to IM
    08-19-11 12:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD