I noticed yesterday that the backlights for my home row keys will not turn off. I have tried resetting, batt pull, i have not downloaded anything new recently, and aside from that, everything works fine. The lights just will not turn off. Even when i turn the phone off. I tried a search but didnt really get anywhere. Does anyone have any idea what is causing this? Thanks in advance!
    08-26-11 08:47 PM
    I noticed yesterday that the backlights for my home row keys will not turn off. I have tried resetting, batt pull, i have not downloaded anything new recently, and aside from that, everything works fine. The lights just will not turn off. Even when i turn the phone off. I tried a search but didnt really get anywhere. Does anyone have any idea what is causing this? Thanks in advance!
    What do you mean by "Home Row Keys"? I know you said you havent "Downloaded" anything new but, did you recently update/Downgrade the OS? May just be a OS bug, try doing a Re-Install if that doesnt correct it I would suspect it is a hardware issue.
    08-30-11 12:55 PM
    I presumed the OiP meant the top row of keys. I read this thread earlier and thought "water damage?" but suspect it's a hardware problem.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    08-30-11 06:49 PM
    I am having the same problem with my Bold as well. Very annoying and I think it is draining battery faster.
    What has changed with the device just prior to the problem (i.e. Updates, installed apps, dropped, water damage, ect.) a little history may help with the diagnostics.
    08-31-11 10:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD