Can someone please help me before i throw by Bold out the window

I have downloaded 3 themes to my pc in .jad format - how do i get it onto the damn phone.

i have emailed the file to myself and tried downloading it from the phone, i got the error message "907 Invalid COD File not found"

i plugged the phone onto DM and copied the files to the media card, then tried to open it from the phone......SAME ERROR MESSAGE!!!!

AAAAAAARRRRG!

can someone please tell me what i'm not doing right
    07-20-09 04:34 PM
    .jad formatted files are OTA (over the air) and can only be downloaded/installed from the BB Browser.

Type the .jad link into your browser. That should begin the download/install.
    07-20-09 04:41 PM
    sorry for probably sounding stupid, but how/where do i get the .jad link?
    07-20-09 04:48 PM
    Well, try going to that website again but this time from your BB Browser and try downloading them that way. If they are not available, then you're either gonna have to look for them where they are available for OTA or do it yourself.
    07-20-09 04:56 PM
    sorry for probably sounding stupid, but how/where do i get the .jad link?
    Not stupid at all. Like Lluvia said, just go to the site where you downloaded the .jad file, but using your BB Browser. It should be a long file like http://www.pimpmyberry.com/ota/etc...../themename.jad.

The above is just an example, but if you put your cursor (if doing it from your computer) over the link, you'll notice the full path of the file in the lower left-hand side of your home computer's browser. Just type the full path of the file into your BB Browser and off you go.
    07-20-09 05:07 PM
    .jad formatted files are OTA (over the air) and can only be downloaded/installed from the BB Browser.

Type the .jad link into your browser. That should begin the download/install.
    Yaaaay! i figured it out, you're a genius

thanx a mil
    07-20-09 05:07 PM
    lol, i did it the newbie way - i rested my mouse on the link and typed in the link that showed at the bottom of the window
    07-20-09 05:10 PM
    lol, i did it the newbie way - i rested my mouse on the link and typed in the link that showed at the bottom of the window
    A faster way, I suppose, would be going to a website that shrinks long URLs. Like Showip.be and typing that URL in your BB Browser. Just a thought for future situations. Good you got the file working now.
    07-20-09 05:15 PM
    Whatever works, right?

P.S. I still do that, too.
    07-20-09 05:23 PM
    I'am having alot trouble with .rar files i have DLed 7-zip file to unzip them and i placed on my media card manually i go to explore but i can't find nething to download it with or run the program, i have unzipped it and placed it into to a seperate folder on my media card. I assume i'am missing some part but i can't figure it out.
    07-20-09 05:50 PM
    You might be able to save those .rar files to your memory card, but you'll never be able to run or install them from the card.
    07-20-09 05:52 PM
    So how do i go about getting themes or files that in .rar system file?
    07-20-09 05:54 PM
    On your PC, extract them and install them using DM.
    07-20-09 05:57 PM
    ^^What Lluvia said.
    07-20-09 05:58 PM
    I'am running DM 5.0 i did stuff that was posted i had no luck there, says to plug bold in and load DM then double click apps and that is where i'am stuck
    07-20-09 06:08 PM
    jad files can be installed by the phone, provided the necessary cod files.
    07-20-09 06:09 PM
    I'd suggest ditching DM 5.0 and going to 4.6. I've heard that DM 5.0 is a pain in the "you know what."

Anyway. Uninstall 5.0 and install 4.6.
    07-20-09 06:15 PM
    I finally got it figured out guys thanks for the lil tips
    07-20-09 06:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD