So I bought this phone 2 months used, and Ive been using it for about 2 months or so. Previously, Ive had no problems with the phone (other than its constant tendency to freeze), so I was a bit surprised when this happened.
    I charged the Blackberry all night, and was using it yesterday morning when it unexpectedly just shut down by itself. I first plugged it into the PC charger and the screen showed an empty battery icon with a red X through it. I then switched it to the wall charger, and left it in the charger all day, same thing. Its been in the wall charger ALL NIGHT now, and Im still getting that same icon. Im starting to get a bit worried now... My life revolves around that phone.
    02-10-11 08:43 AM
    Battery pull.

take the battery out and call the place you bought it from.
    explain the situation and they *should send a new battery for free.

*Marks perfect world tendency.

**Disclaimer** we do not live in a perfect world.

Remember to backup the phone if you are forced to trade out for a new one.

welcome to CB.
    t-nine likes this.
    02-10-11 08:48 AM
    LOL, no we definitely don't. A free replacement battery would be nice though! And thanks for the welcome. Your sure a new battery will fix it? Its not a hardware issue or anything is it?
    02-10-11 09:13 AM
    LOL, no we definitely don't. A free replacement battery would be nice though! And thanks for the welcome. Your sure a new battery will fix it? Its not a hardware issue or anything is it?
    It should very well be the battery. Do you know anyone who uses a Bold 9000, 9700 or 9780? They all use the same battery, and it would be good to try out before you go ahead and buy a new one.
    02-10-11 01:43 PM
    My mom actually just got the Bold 3. Maybe I'll give her battery a try. A new battery is gonna cost me $100, so Id rather know for sure before spending that kind of money if it wont work. Hopefully its not something internal. I didnt even treat my phone badly, I dont want to have to buy an entire new device.
    02-10-11 05:53 PM
    It's the problem of the battery .
    Because the phone do not accept that battery.
    You can bring the phone and the battery to the place you bought it from , ask for a new battery .
    02-10-11 08:41 PM
    Try getting a new Battery first
    If you still get the same problem, Come back and tell us, we can help you out
    02-15-11 09:33 PM
    i ever had the same problem. and batt replacement is the solution.
    02-16-11 09:01 PM
    You can find cheaper batteries on new egg or ebay.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-16-11 11:04 PM
    my blackberry froze so i took out my battery, but when i put it back in the red LED flashed, and the keypad lit up, but the screen remained black, what do i do? really concerned!!!!!
    10-28-13 05:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD