I uninstalled a free Bible software and lost my messge and email folders. How do I get them back?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-23-09 01:25 AM
    Try resending your service books from your provider's BIS website.

Chris
    06-23-09 01:52 AM
    What is BIS? I don't have any idea what it is or where to find it. I don't belong to a business.
    06-23-09 01:54 AM
    Nothing on my microSD card is showing up either. When I check memory, it shows that there is stuff on the memory card, but when I go to music and pictures, it says "No songs" and "No pictures." How do I fix this?

It shows "scanning" but is frozen in the scan.
    Last edited by lak611; 06-23-09 at 02:09 AM.
    06-23-09 02:06 AM
    I turned it off and back on, an voila, the message folder is back! I'm good to go now.

06-23-09 02:26 AM
    What is BIS? I don't have any idea what it is or where to find it. I don't belong to a business.
    BIS = Blackberry Internet Service(s). That is what enables you to have access to your e-mail directly on your device. If those folders are gone, that usually means that the service books for the e-mail accounts are not on your device. Go to AT&T's BIS Website and sign up for an account. If you receive a message that the PIN is already in use, etc. you will need to call AT&T and have them create the account for you with a temporary password that you can change once you log in. This is where you add, edit and remove e-mail accounts for your Blackberry device. On the left hand side is a menu that has your options. You will have to click on 'Service Books' and then 'Resend Service Books'. This should resolve the issue, but if it does not, let us know.

Nothing on my microSD card is showing up either. When I check memory, it shows that there is stuff on the memory card, but when I go to music and pictures, it says "No songs" and "No pictures." How do I fix this?

It shows "scanning" but is frozen in the scan.
    Do you have Mass Storage Mode enabled? How long are you letting it scan before you determine that it is "frozen"?

I turned it off and back on, an voila, the message folder is back! I'm good to go now.

The reboot most likely caused your service books to be resent to your device and that enabled your e-mail accounts again on your device.

Chris
    06-23-09 02:27 AM
    Thanks, Chris. I am new to BB. Just got last week, but sounds like it works similar to PC. Thanks for explaining BIS. I did check and service books are there.

06-23-09 02:31 AM
    Thanks, Chris. I am new to BB. Just got last week, but sounds like it works similar to PC. Thanks for explaining BIS. I did check and service books are there.

No problem. Even though e-mail is working for you again, I do still recommend you follow the steps I listed for signing up on AT&T's BIS website.

What about your MicroSD card file issue? Is that resolved now as well after the reboot?

Chris
    06-23-09 02:34 AM
    MicroSD card is fine too.

I will sign up for the BIS.

06-23-09 02:38 AM
    MicroSD card is fine too.

I will sign up for the BIS.

Ok, good. Glad to hear that everything is back in working order for you. Just remember that no matter the issue, always try a battery pull first.

Chris
    06-23-09 02:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD