Today, when i went to unlock my phone, it was froze. So, i pulled the battery (probably 6 times). I got the white screen of death after the hour glass went away. I now tried using crackberry 101: reloading a operating system on a nuked blackberry. I've done it twice and still can't get the OS to load. It just stops on the white screen even though the app loader says its updated. Help!
    07-12-09 02:40 PM
    did you get a particular error message on your screen (507, 552 something like that)?
    07-12-09 04:46 PM
    In the middle of the upgrade it had a 507 error message, but App Loader went on to the next step and the phone screen changed to a BB and a computer.

Also, in the CB 101 section, it talks about having to quickly hit next when the pin changes to unknown pin because it happens fast. Well mine says unknown pin the entire time after connected with the battery out. It doesn't even connect with the battery in.
    07-12-09 05:10 PM
    So, I tried using App Loader a 3rd time. This time I actually got to the orange ATT World Phone screen but it stalled there and was unresponsive again.
    07-12-09 05:18 PM
    I never had that issue with my bold but had horrors upgrading the OS on a friend's 8900. To be sure try a BP one more time and if that doesn't work try to wipe the phone using JL_Cmder and then attempt to reload the OS. There full instructions on this site on how to wipe and reload the OS.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...l_cmder-53502/

Tell me how it goes.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-12-09 08:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD