On Friday, my Bold 9930 rebooted itself randomly but stopped three quarters of the way so I pulled the battery and the same thing happened. I think I pulled the battery about four times before I decided to plug it to my PC to see if that would do anything. and it finally rebooted all the way so I disconnected it from my PC and at the top of the screen, it says BlackBerry Platform 5.1.0.429 and lists all the programs...
    AddressBook
    AltPictures
    AltRingTones
    AltVideos
    AltVoiceNotes
    BrickBreaker
    ...etc, etc, etc...

If I try to open up the AddressBook, an error message comes up as

"Error starting net_rim_bb_addressbook_app: Module 'net_rim_bb_mms' not found"

this is the same for anything that requires using the radio. I can open pictures, music, calculator, calendar, etc fine but if it requires radio use, the same error message comes up "Error starting net_rim_bb(whatever program): Module 'Net_rim_bb_mms' not found"
    I've been trying to reinstall the OS7 software via the BBDesktop but it says my device is up to date...then when I try to restore the last backup, it says I need to check that the device is plugged in.

SO - what I wanna know is if my phone is done for? Is there any way to fix it???
    01-12-14 07:17 PM
    Sorry no clue.
    01-12-14 07:23 PM
    The OS is corrupted. I've had it happen a few times to me in the past when I was on BBOS, mostly when I was updating OSes or making hybrids
    All you have to do is pull out the battery, connect to comp
    Start loader.exe and follow instructions to reload OS
    After it loads and says "waiting for initiation" or something along those lines, put in your battery, and it will continue installing some things, and it will eventually boot into factory setting
    You can then restore
    panda.bear.me likes this.
    01-12-14 07:27 PM
    Thank you so very much!!
    So...uhm...I've become extremely computer illiterate apparently or something lol...but what does the start loader.exe mean?? And do I do it while connected to the desktop manager?
    01-12-14 07:45 PM
    You can definitely try to reload using BDM, but I'm not sure whether it will read the device with battery out
    Go to C:\Program Files (x86 if on 64 bit system)\Common Files\Research In Motion\Apploader\Loader.exe
    Keep in mind you want to delete vender.xml in the same folder and in c:\users\username\appdata\roaming\Blackberry\loade r xml\ before you run loader.exe
    01-12-14 08:17 PM
    Yeah...it didnt do what you said it would do via BDM, said I needed to replace the battery haha going to try this out, thank you very much for your help!!
    01-13-14 12:01 AM
    I couldnt find the second vendor.xml...I went ahead and tried running the app loader and it has me choosing the applications to add or delete from my device, but I cant find where or what to add/delete...was I supposed to download something else before proceeding?
    01-13-14 12:23 AM
    Yah, go download the latest OS for your device
    Official OS 7.1.0.991 for the BlackBerry Bold 9930 from Verizon Wireless | CrackBerry.com
    Install it
    Then check again for vendor files. They aren't always all there
    01-13-14 12:35 PM
    I couldnt find the second vendor.xml...I went ahead and tried running the app loader and it has me choosing the applications to add or delete from my device, but I cant find where or what to add/delete...was I supposed to download something else before proceeding?
    If it lists all apps already, leave it alone and proceed next. If it's missing apps, one of two things is happening, depending on what the screen is showing. If it shows only the core apps, proceed and load your apps and data later on whether from backup or re-entering data and re-installing apps. If it's not showing even core apps/software, exit, reboot your PC, and try again.

Edit: you don't need to download anything extra to use the loader software, it's completely self-contained. There are some other programs to use in tandem with it, but they're third party - not required, just helpful.
    01-13-14 01:00 PM
    I've still no luck with it...when I click next after plugging my phone to the computer, it takes me to a screen that says "The Blackberry Desktop Software does not have Blackberry Device Software for the device that you have connected to the computer. Contact your wireless service provider or system administrator." This is after it has retrieved my pin, I've also tried doing this on another computer and still no dice. *sigh* This is very frustrating.

That's the problem, nothing is listed, there are no apps or programs listed...
    01-14-14 02:30 PM
    I've still no luck with it...when I click next after plugging my phone to the computer, it takes me to a screen that says "The Blackberry Desktop Software does not have Blackberry Device Software for the device that you have connected to the computer. Contact your wireless service provider or system administrator." This is after it has retrieved my pin, I've also tried doing this on another computer and still no dice. *sigh* This is very frustrating.

That's the problem, nothing is listed, there are no apps or programs listed...
    Have you tried pulling the battery while plugged into your PC? You need to wait until it fully loads and there's a crossed out battery icon on the screen, then drop your battery back in; make sure the loader and desktop manager (and anything else) is closed first, don't open the loader until after your phone is fully booted. I've seen what you're referring to with my own 9930 and many times on prior devices, but it's been long enough I can't rightly recall exactly how I got around it.

Posted via CB10
    01-14-14 05:02 PM