Hi

I just bought a used blackberry bold 9900 locked to telus. I saw videos online and read some forum and unlocking it seemed fairly simple.

So I came home put in my virgin mobile sim and put in the MEP code from some website. The phone is unlocked, i can call and receive calls. However I cannot use any blackberry services. I tried to setup a email account but I cant sine there is no option for that to do so except enterprise account. I googled my problem and found somewhere to go to mobile.blackberry.com and setup my email from there. But that didnt work either, it said " cannot create account. your blackberry internet service account is suspended or deactivated.

Please help me out. I was so excited for this phone but without its email and bbm it almost worthless for me.
    02-26-12 07:44 PM
    Come on guys! help a fellow bb user here! i checked my host routing table is empty. I tried registering it but nothing. I also changed tcp ip from bb.telus.com to inet.bell.ca and still nothing!
    02-26-12 10:05 PM
    and when i press mepd under sim card options it goes:

sim disabled
    Network INACTIVE??
    network subset disabled
    and everything else disabled
    02-26-12 10:07 PM
    You may have to contact the original owner and ask him to release the PIN from Telus's BIS service. Either that or call your carrier.
    02-26-12 10:24 PM
    Thanks for the reply

how does the previous owner release his bis account from the bb pin
    02-26-12 10:28 PM
    He would have to contact his/her carrier and ask for it to be released.

If it is not tied into another BIS account, then you should try calling your carrier and asking for a BlackBerry Data Plan.
    02-26-12 10:32 PM
    thanks again

i did call virgin mobile and they did activate bis for my number they even took my sim number and imei.

i think the problem is on previous' owner end. i have emailed him I hope it works cause im loving the new phone
    02-26-12 10:36 PM
    If you have already asked your carrier to add BIS to your account, then you should not have a problem setting up your e-mail. No need to contact the previous owner. Have you tried your carrier's mobile site? Bell?

https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=bell
    02-26-12 10:39 PM
    i tried bis site for virgin mobile but it didnt work. it said to register through host routing table but it didnt work

i hate to say this but blackberries are confusing!
    02-26-12 10:42 PM
    Call your carrier. You mentioned inet.bell so I figured Bell was your carrier.

https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=virginmobile For Virgin Mobile.

Also, your carrier has a 24-Hr support number on their site for help with BIS.
    02-26-12 10:44 PM
    i tried that but it said it was registered with some other network. And i should register through host routing table. I did that and that didnt work
    02-26-12 10:47 PM
    I solved it!

I sold to some other guy!
    02-27-12 12:46 AM
    I solved it!

I sold to some other guy!
    ROFL!!!!!
    06-19-14 01:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD