Hello, all,
    Good morning, hoping to get some kind heart to help me. Frankly, BB is excellent, but with many problems. As all you know, that is the truth, and now what i faced is "activation required" on the top of the screen. My 9650 was bought from ebay, used in GSM network. OS6, all other performance is fine, but "activation required" always annoy me. I research many method to get rid of it. Now, the most useful is use CDMA universal and Hex workshop. And I refered to many memory starting address, but found all of the are not useful, because they are not used for 9650. different model, different MSL code? I think so. Now, hope some kind heart can help me the 9650 memory starting address for CMA univeral or unicama. Anyway, if there is other methods can help, all will be appreciated.

oh, god, is there anybody can help me? I used many methods of forums. but they all doesn't work.
    07-04-11 09:03 AM
    Hello, all,
    Good morning, hoping to get some kind heart to help me. Frankly, BB is excellent, but with many problems. As all you know, that is the truth, and now what i faced is "activation required" on the top of the screen. My 9650 was bought from ebay, used in GSM network. OS6, all other performance is fine, but "activation required" always annoy me. I research many method to get rid of it. Now, the most useful is use CDMA universal and Hex workshop. And I refered to many memory starting address, but found all of the are not useful, because they are not used for 9650. different model, different MSL code? I think so. Now, hope some kind heart can help me the 9650 memory starting address for CMA univeral or unicama. Anyway, if there is other methods can help, all will be appreciated.

oh, god, is there anybody can help me? I used many methods of forums. but they all doesn't work.
    The "Activation Required" message at the top of your home screen is a reminder to activate your phone with your carrier. As soon as your handset is registered with your carrier, that message will go away. No modification required.
    07-04-11 10:34 AM
    The "Activation Required" message at the top of your home screen is a reminder to activate your phone with your carrier. As soon as your handset is registered with your carrier, that message will go away. No modification required.
    exactly what he said
    07-04-11 01:54 PM
    Hello, all,

The unicdma method only works for older devices like 8330 curves. The memory is encrypted and inaccessible on new devices like the 9650 for programs like unicdma or cdma workshop to pull the MSL. Out of curiosity, which carrier's logo is on the phone?
    07-04-11 05:01 PM
    The unicdma method only works for older devices like 8330 curves. The memory is encrypted and inaccessible on new devices like the 9650 for programs like unicdma or cdma workshop to pull the MSL. Out of curiosity, which carrier's logo is on the phone?
    Thanks, finally, i know why unicama didn't work. BB 9650 is new device. Thank you for your advice. Actually, because i use the phone in Asia, so, it is impossible to register. And 12 hours ago, i called sprint for the MSL code. But unfortunately , haven't got.. By the way, the network is GSM, and there is no carrier's logo on the phone. Do you have other methods to remove the "activation required" reminder? Thanks.
    07-04-11 08:39 PM
    Thank you for your advice. Actually, because i use the phone in Asia, the network is GSM. Do you have other methods to remove the "activation required" reminder? Thanks.
    07-04-11 08:41 PM
    exactly what he said
    Thank you for your advice. Actually, because i use the phone in Asia, the network is GSM. So, it is impossible to register the carrier. Do you have other methods to remove the "activation required" reminder? Thanks.
    07-04-11 08:43 PM
    Exactly, jake_870 's advice is true. Because i scan the phone memory of 9650, there is no good feedback. CDMA soft just showed "unreadable memory address at****".
    Is there other way to get the msl code?
    07-04-11 08:52 PM
    The easiest way to get the MSL is to pay someone, none of the programs work because I tried all of them. The phone is Sprint?? Sprint will not tell u the MSL because it is their policy to not give that number out to non-customers. I just paid $5 to get the MSL for my Sprint 9650, they were fast and accept paypal. If its a Verizon phone then the MSL is supposed to be 000000. Some Canadian carriers use 123456 or 654321. Sprint's MSL's are unique to each phone generated based on the MEID

Welcome - Quick Fix Cellular - Cell Phone Repair Chandler AZ
    gorwoo likes this.
    07-04-11 11:09 PM
    The easiest way to get the MSL is to pay someone, none of the programs work because I tried all of them. The phone is Sprint?? Sprint will not tell u the MSL because it is their policy to not give that number out to non-customers. I just paid $5 to get the MSL for my Sprint 9650, they were fast and accept paypal. If its a Verizon phone then the MSL is supposed to be 000000. Some Canadian carriers use 123456 or 654321. Sprint's MSL's are unique to each phone generated based on the MEID

Welcome - Quick Fix Cellular - Cell Phone Repair Chandler AZ
    Thanks. could you give me a link of the web? I think to pay $5 is the final way to go.
    07-05-11 09:36 AM
    Thanks. could you give me a link of the web? I think to pay $5 is the final way to go.
    The link is in blue at the bottom of my previous post. They only do Sprint phones tho. I used them and got my code within 3 hours and it worked perfectly.
    07-05-11 01:44 PM
    The link is in blue at the bottom of my previous post. They only do Sprint phones tho. I used them and got my code within 3 hours and it worked perfectly.
    OK, thanks. I will try.
    07-06-11 12:34 AM
    unfortunately, quick fix cellular can not help me... They said could not find my MEID in the sprint data base. They refunded money to me.
    07-12-11 10:58 PM
    Yeah, this cannot be done on the Sprint device. Many have tried. You are going to have to just ignore it or get a different device.
    07-13-11 06:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD