I have tried everything. I have upgrade/downgrade many other BB devices previously but for some reason the 9700 has issues. I have downloaded the .415 and installed it. I deleted all other OS and the vendor file. Restart my computer. I even tried turning off internet connections etc. Please help if you know what to do. It seems like this is only happening to some people.
    12-16-09 04:38 PM
    I have tried everything. I have upgrade/downgrade many other BB devices previously but for some reason the 9700 has issues. I have downloaded the .415 and installed it. I deleted all other OS and the vendor file. Restart my computer. I even tried turning off internet connections etc. Please help if you know what to do. It seems like this is only happening to some people.
    I will help you get it installed. Make sure the Desktop Manager is closed and follow this guide--> http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/ho...system-208714/

If that doesn't get it done for you post back and we'll get it sorted.
    12-16-09 04:40 PM
    No this does not work. When I open the AppLoader, it just shows my applications on my phone. Wehen I click it, it said theres nothing to update. This never happened to me before. I have upgraded/downgrade numerous storms, 8320, 8900, etc. This one is just pissing me off!!!
    12-16-09 04:56 PM
    Neone?? Anything??
    12-16-09 05:12 PM
    you need to downgrade your BB desktop manager to 4.6 or 4.7 for the 5.0 OS phone to be detected by app loader. try that
    12-16-09 05:15 PM
    Nope did not work. I deleted the 5.0 Desktop Manager and installed 4.7 and its doing the same thing. I even did a wipe. I really don't know what to do at this point.
    12-16-09 05:55 PM
    I even tried deleting .415 and downloaded .421 and still doesn't work. Its says "No action required". Anyone know why?
    12-16-09 08:30 PM
    Follow my step and you will be successful

Start -> Control Panel -> Uninstall Blackberry Desktop Software "for the Blackberry 9700 Smartphone" (uninstall everything you see, besides the Desktop Software manager 5.0.1 if you have the latest)

Next Step: Download Crackmem

http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/crac...eleased-52044/

Then Download the OS you want to install and run it.

Open CrackMem and follow the step from there, good luck.
    12-16-09 08:44 PM
    How To Upgrade/Downgrade Your Operating System
    12-16-09 08:46 PM
    I know you are going to say that you have doen this but I once had this problem and had found multiple vendor.xml files in my loader file, so even though I had though I deleted the file there was still one left....maybe double check?????
    12-16-09 08:51 PM
    Crackmem didn't work. And I did check to make sure the vendor file is deleted. This is starting to become a very frustrating issue.
    12-16-09 09:21 PM
    Ok got Crackmem to work. I found out that if your using Desktop Manager 4.7 or later, you need to diss-connect the Internet so it won't try to update through the web. So everything works fine. Thankyou everyone.
    12-16-09 09:50 PM
    The DM problems are with all after 4.6, so 4.7 will give the same problem as the newer one - so do make sure you have disconnected from the web. Also get a new copy of the OS you want to load and start everything over with a fresh copy.

EDIT: Good to see you got it straightened out.
    12-16-09 09:59 PM
    Ok got Crackmem to work. I found out that if your using Desktop Manager 4.7 or later, you need to diss-connect the Internet so it won't try to update through the web. So everything works fine. Thankyou everyone.
    Glad you got it to work!! Next time you upgrade your phone with a new version, make sure you uninstall the old OS in the control panel. And the easiest way to upgrade if the OS is leaked is through Crackmem or any other software.
    12-16-09 11:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD