So heres the deal. I got a Bold 9650 on Sprint. It works great except for well the slanted trackpad thats actually incredibly annoying (it happened to most of them) and signal and battery issues. The last two you can deal with but its not in your face like the slanted trackpad.

But now my parents want to switch back to T-moblie its only been a week since we had Sprint.

I have no say in the carrier switch back, but should I get a 9700 with the 9700a delta or whatever nonsense they're calling it coming out? I know it great phone and probably better than my 9650 (even without the memory) but do you think its worth it?

My first cell phone was an 8120 and then I got a iPhone (wasn't my cup of tea) and then a 8900. I want a BB, but should I wait for the delta or slider? Or get the Nexus one?
    06-19-10 08:40 PM
    The 9700 is a great device. The 9700a will have double the memory and possible a few other minor changes, just a refresher, not a earth shattering change.

If you are starting a contract, and have no say in it, it will be hard to wait for any device, but the 9700 will treat you well and you will be very happy with it.
    06-19-10 08:42 PM
    The 9700 is a great device. The 9700a will have double the memory and possible a few other minor changes, just a refresher, not a earth shattering change.

If you are starting a contract, and have no say in it, it will be hard to wait for any device, but the 9700 will treat you well and you will be very happy with it.
    Thats a really good point I really don't have the luxury of waiting.

I don't know I was disappointed by the lack of a leather battery door on the 9650, but I liked that the size was a bit bigger.

Do you think the refresh will incorporate a touchscreen into the 9700?

I remember a while back there was something in the blog about an "Ideal" device. A bold 9000 with a touchscreen. I would kill for that.
    06-19-10 08:54 PM
    No, the 9700a will not be a touch screen device. The next new touch screen device will be the 9800 series.
    06-19-10 08:55 PM
    No, the 9700a will not be a touch screen device. The next new touch screen device will be the 9800 series.
    Really? So its just the memory and the comfort of being able to run OS 6 flawlessly?

What else would they put into the 9700a? A faster processor? Better radio? 4G capable?

Thanks for the help by the way
    06-19-10 09:00 PM
    I dont think the processor changed, although I have been wrong before. 4G, nope. Radio - thats OS dependent.

I think you will be fine with the 9700 especially since you dont really have time to wait. No one ever really fills up 256 mb of internal space with apps and themes, do they?

no problem on the help, thats what this place is for!
    06-19-10 09:04 PM
    I dont think the processor changed, although I have been wrong before. 4G, nope. Radio - thats OS dependent.

I think you will be fine with the 9700 especially since you dont really have time to wait. No one ever really fills up 256 mb of internal space with apps and themes, do they?

Yea thats true. I'm kind of glad about the switch back to T-Mobile. The funny thing was my parents got a couple of EVOs and between the battery life and call quality they decided to go back.
    06-19-10 09:10 PM

Yea thats true. I'm kind of glad about the switch back to T-Mobile. The funny thing was my parents got a couple of EVOs and between the battery life and call quality they decided to go back.
    06-19-10 09:42 PM
    Interesting that Sprint service was less good than TMo. Was that the case on your blackberry or just the EVO?
    B B

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-20-10 06:35 AM
    Interesting that Sprint service was less good than TMo. Was that the case on your blackberry or just the EVO?
    B B

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Sprint was fine for me, but it was incredibly annoying when I would call my mom and I could hear her clearly, but she would keep saying, "What? What?"

Except for not getting all of BIS 3.0 features, the slanted trackpad, overheating, and signal fluctuation it was pretty good phone. I think a lot of people had issues with battery more so because of the poor radio draining, but I have no idea.
    06-21-10 08:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD