Hi,

Can anyone help me,

I just tried upgrading to the newest OS, my laptop crashed in the middle of the process, and when finished upgrading for the second time, my bold is totally messed up. The desktop show icons with no "animation", its just plain basic. I cant describe it. Phone is still working, but desktop image is totally basic.

Its just plain ugly. I lost my CD so i cant install DM on my computer, and have no back up since my laptop crashed.

Can anyone help? I dont mind the lost of data, i just need my BB to go back to normal. PLeasee....
    07-20-09 06:58 AM
    Sorry to hear that this has happened as it has happened to me to. 1.) you can go and restart you computer and hit F12 while the computer is rebooting (Before the Windows XP screen comes up). Select boot from the "Last known Good Configuration." 2.) You can go online and search Blackberry dot com for the Desktop Manager.
    or 3.) Click here to download Desktop Manager
    07-20-09 07:03 AM
    Thank you so much for the link. I cant do your option 1 coz my laptop has totally been formated

Let me try downloading DM first. Thank you.
    07-20-09 07:08 AM
    Also try a battery pull, you may get lucky.
    07-20-09 07:18 AM
    1. Save the full os on your computer. It needs to be in a specific directory. Look it up and make sure u remove the vendor xml file if it isn't ur carriers's os
    2. Wipe ur bb with blackberry swiss army knife (BBSAK..goofle it)
    3. Look up forum here that describes how to install an os from a bricked berry. Follow instructions.

This will give u the cleanest install. I swear by BBSAK and always follow this procedure when upgrading.

Good luck!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-20-09 11:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD