Hi guys just wondering if any of you could help me.

I have just bought a Bold that has been unlocked but is still branded to the 3 network in the UK. When I try and set up email the only option that is there is for work mail and nothing for personal email such as gmail or hotmail.

Can anyone give any advice on what to do so I can get this to work.

I have added the BB email and BIS to my plan.

So heres to any help going.

Thanks in advance.

Mark
    07-31-09 02:08 PM
    When did you add BIS on your plan? It may not be active yet.
    Last edited by Abbsta; 07-31-09 at 03:39 PM.
    07-31-09 03:36 PM
    About 10.30 this morning, but like I said above the 3g has now turned and looks like this now:

3G

They never said anything about a delay in fairness.
    07-31-09 03:43 PM
    It's not instant that's for sure. When I added mine it was on Fri but wasn't active till Mon after I called CC. Any how, have you added your Bold to BIS site? Which SIM are you using voda, or 3 ?
    07-31-09 04:42 PM
    Im using a 3 sim and the BIS site? by that I presume you mean 3uk.blackberry.com

I have just tried that and it is telling me that it is not registered to the wireless provider.

Should I be worried?
    07-31-09 05:01 PM
    Try going to options > advanced options > host routing table > menu > register now. You should receive a registration message.

The 3G should have a Blackberry logo beside it, do you see that?

Sometimes it can take a while or perhaps 3 UK have set it to start on a certain billing date, this is not unknown. Give them a call if nothing happens by morning perhaps.
    Last edited by Hazysky; 07-31-09 at 05:12 PM.
    07-31-09 05:08 PM
    Ok have tried the registration and not got a message and the 3G has no Blackberry logo next to it.

I'm going to try the old trick of leaving it turned off over night and checking in the morning, if its not up and running by lunch then ill either call in a 3 store near me or ring them.
    07-31-09 05:16 PM
    My friend is on 3UK and has Blackberry Service.

Just some words of advice, first of all make sure its active via the carrier. Hers never activated until the next billing month.

The next step is obviously make an account at 3uk.blackberry.com and put your pin and imei in there and set up emails etc...
    07-31-09 06:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD