I know this has probably been asked a million times, but I'm not sure where to find the answer at..

I have my Blackberry syncronized with my G-Mail...so I can send e-mail from it...and I recieve all my e-mails to my device that come through G-mail... this can be irritating...I only want to recieve the e-mails that are actually important to my phone....not the solicitation e-mails...is there a way that I can filter what comes to the phone, and stays in my actually Gmail.com inbox??

Secondly, the most annoying thing about the e-mail...Everytime I send something from my gmail.com inbox, I always get a copy or 2nd one on my device...I know theres a way to stop this, but don't know how to do it...

Help me Blackberry Genuises...

TIA.....
    06-18-09 03:11 PM
    Go here to set up filters.
    https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=mycingular

While you're there, do this.

View Document
    06-18-09 03:13 PM
    Go to the blackberry email set up site and click on filter and make as many filters as you want

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-18-09 03:14 PM
    I guess I could say, "set up a filter on the BIS site", but that's been played out (see above).
    06-18-09 03:18 PM
    I was able to setup the filter for the annoying outgoing emails sent to my phone from my phone.

Just go to the "personal email setup" in the "setup" folder in your phone.
    Go to your email addy that is highlighted in your phone.
    Press the blackberry button and go to "filters"then "add filter"

From there do the following

filter name: my email gmail sent messages
    Filter on: from address
    Contains: put your email addy here
    Action: do not forward messages to device

And you are done! No more emails sent from your phone will come back to your inbox.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-18-09 04:19 PM
    I cannot get my E-Mail set up at all
    when I try it asks if I will be using my work E-mail and gives no other options
    to set my gmail up
    any advice?
    06-20-09 03:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD