Congrats! Wipe the sweat off your brow. I won't tell you to be more careful, most of us have had a case of the the DeadBerry Panics at some point!
    05-28-09 04:02 AM
    For some reason, its not identifying my SIM Card now
    05-28-09 04:02 AM
    For some reason, its not identifying my SIM Card now
    Pull the card.. Reinsert...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-28-09 04:04 AM
    Its perpetually asking me to insert a Valid SIM Card!!
    Could it be that the unlocking is messed up?
    05-28-09 04:05 AM
    Success!! After 7 attempts of pulling the battery and the SIM Card.

God and Crackberry are on my side
    Bless you all with lots of sunshine and happiness...
    05-28-09 04:08 AM
    Guys, last question for the day, all my contacts seem to have disappeared. Anyway to make them come back? Does the Desktop Manager save older backups that i could revert to maybe?
    05-28-09 04:12 AM
    Guys, last question for the day, all my contacts seem to have disappeared. Anyway to make them come back? Does the Desktop Manager save older backups that i could revert to maybe?
    That's up to you... it does have an option you can enable to automatically update. Otherwise, what you've backed up is what you have. That's why I used Google Sync. I don't care about having a complete Address Book in GMail, as I barely use my GMail account, but I sure do like having a copy of my BB contacts up on "the cloud."
    05-28-09 04:23 AM
    check in your documents folder (computer) to see if you have any of these two files which are the usual backup files that the loader and desktop manager do

LoaderBackup-(YYYY-MM-DD).ipd

or

Backup-(YYYY-MM-DD).ipd

otherwise say bye bye to your contacts XD unless you did a manual backup and saved it with another name and/or in a different location

digitalb0y does google sync synchronize everything as it shows up in the blackberry? for example i have many contacts with address/emais/pin and numbers in my bb, would they synchronize correctly? or just name and email. Or... it only works
    one way gmail -> blackberry?
    Last edited by gbsn; 05-28-09 at 04:36 AM.
    05-28-09 04:31 AM
    Boohoo, then the contacts have all disappeared
    05-28-09 04:36 AM
    GBSN, there is a LoaderBackup on the 25th.. woohoo... What next?
    05-28-09 04:38 AM
    GBSN, there is a LoaderBackup on the 25th.. woohoo... What next?
    start desktop manager, plug in your blackberry to the pc, go to "backup and restore", then "restore" and select the file

ignore any update notifications the desktop manager might bring up and pray that the backup file has your contacts :b
    Last edited by gbsn; 05-28-09 at 04:43 AM.
    05-28-09 04:39 AM
    Wohoooo!!!
    gbsn, ur the best man.. Thanks a whole bunch. Contacts and everything back

Anyways to make that stupid T-Mobile startup screen disappear?
    05-28-09 04:55 AM
    digitalb0y does google sync synchronize everything as it shows up in the blackberry? for example i have many contacts with address/emais/pin and numbers in my bb, would they synchronize correctly? or just name and email. Or... it only works
    one way gmail -> blackberry?
    It's a full two-way sync. It syncs every field that exists both places but I don't think custom fields and fields specific to the BB or GMail individually are synced. I got the best results by syncing once, taking an hour or so to go through all my contacts on the full GMail site and make sure everything was clean and uniform, and then syncing again. Now it just happily syncs in the background and I haven't had a single instance of lost, duplicated, or otherwise mishandled info.
    05-28-09 05:01 AM
    Wohoooo!!!
    gbsn, ur the best man.. Thanks a whole bunch. Contacts and everything back

Anyways to make that stupid T-Mobile startup screen disappear?
    t-mobile startup screen? the splash screen before getting into the OS?

thats a whole different story x)
    Last edited by gbsn; 05-28-09 at 05:04 AM.
    05-28-09 05:02 AM
    Yeah, removing the splash screen is, um... let's just call it a very "involved" process with lots of ins, outs and what-have-yous to read about.
    05-28-09 05:05 AM
    Hey guys, for some strange reason, my browser is not defaulting to the browsers configuration and I cant seem to latch onto the Wifi Networks. It shows as connected, but its not recieving any data from the network..

Any fixes or suggestions?
    05-28-09 05:49 AM
    And oh yeah, my Browser is not allowing me access to the Blackberry Website. Its telling me that I will need to use the Blackberry Browser, even if thats the one I am using.

What could be the issue?
    05-28-09 05:50 AM
    Have you resent your service books? Do it through the Setup Email app.
    05-28-09 05:52 AM
    Where excatly do i find the Setup Email app?
    05-28-09 05:55 AM
    I can access Email and the Web already. I just cant seem to latch on to the Wireless Network and access mobile.blackberry.com from the Browser cause its not identifying the browser as a default Blackberry Browser
    05-28-09 05:58 AM
    is vodafone uk?

https://bis.eu.blackberry.com/html?brand=vodauk

for normal vodafone
    https://bis.eu.blackberry.com/html?brand=vodafone

both came up when selecting united kingdom =[
    05-28-09 06:00 AM
    For AT&T's version of the stock theme, it's in a folder with a little gear on it, called Setup. The full name of the app (at least in OS 4.6.0.266) is Personal Email Set Up. You can get there through the Setup Wizard too. If you can't find either of those, make sure it's not hidden (menu button -> show all).

EDIT: HAHA, this thread moves fast! This post is already unnecessary!
    05-28-09 06:00 AM
    I can access Email and the Web already. I just cant seem to latch on to the Wireless Network and access mobile.blackberry.com from the Browser cause its not identifying the browser as a default Blackberry Browser

options > advanced options > browser

internet browser
    internet browser
    media net

check that and get into browser, menu key > options > browser configuration > browser identification: blackberry

is it like that?
    05-28-09 06:01 AM
    Its like that, yes.
    It failed to work all this while and just now after rebooting it and removing the battery many times, it suddenly started to work.

There's something triggering all these problems. I wish i could identify it easily!
    05-28-09 06:23 AM
    you're just full of problems today lol

hope everything works out, i've been reading these horror stories about everyone else's Bolds and it just makes me baby that shiet haha.

no problems with mine since i got it (knock on wood)
    05-28-09 07:26 AM
51 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD