Yeah, its quite understandable!
    Don't know, but I would like to know how to disable these messages (spam)?
    Well this is actually the first time I've received something like this. But, for an app developer to be able to wrangle my details off AppWorld and compromise my security is more worrying.
    03-19-12 05:14 AM
    I had the same problem yellow star in notifier appeared a few weeks ago. I tried tracing back to a possible App update. Couldn't find any updates. Had the spam message for this ram optimizer in my messages folder with the same yellow star next to it. Tried opening to read message thought it might take me to App World. It did nothing when clicking on it. I read that possible spam from an App called Metrix which i did have installed on my phone for quite a while. I deleted Metrix; the yellow star disappeared after reboot.
    Why do they ruin stuff by letting crappy spam advertising mess up a fun little app. AppsForBB.com is now on my dislike list!
    03-27-12 09:42 PM
    I had the same problem yellow star in notifier appeared a few weeks ago. I tried tracing back to a possible App update. Couldn't find any updates. Had the spam message for this ram optimizer in my messages folder with the same yellow star next to it. Tried opening to read message thought it might take me to App World. It did nothing when clicking on it. I read that possible spam from an App called Metrix which i did have installed on my phone for quite a while. I deleted Metrix; the yellow star disappeared after reboot.
    Why do they ruin stuff by letting crappy spam advertising mess up a fun little app. AppsForBB.com is now on my dislike list!
    Well blow me over with a holy cow. I installed Metrix at least a year ago! You, sir, deserve 10 points for finding that out. Well played!

*DieMetrixDie!*
    03-28-12 11:24 AM
    the yellow star has just arrived on my notification screen. I don't have the metrix app, I don't have any smart guard app, I have nothing by AFFB. I have no highlighted messages that need to be viewd or anything.
    Went into Blackberry app but nothing highlighted there either....
    Checked everything that people have suggested on here and couldn't find anything!
    06-07-12 03:22 AM
    Thank you!! This star showed up a little while ago, couldn't click on the notification in messages and after reading 10 pages of 'What is this icon' thread and reading about same icon over and over (use search people!), I found this thread.

I have no RAM Optimizer program, nothing highlighted on BB App World icon, so had no clue.

Didn't know what AFBB meant even. Then someone said what it stood for, so I went to Applications - and there it is. They do Battery Saver Pro.

Not kosher that we can't just delete the notification and the icon goes away for good. Guess I'll try another app.
    06-27-12 05:55 AM
    Hey everyone. Seems to be some confusion about the Yellow Star notifications that some are receiving.

A few things to clear up. It doesn't matter if you have an app by the same advertiser installed or not. The yellow star notifications are the same as the small envelope with the BB symbol that we used to receive before OS 7. You can delete apps all your like, but if you have received the message, then chances are the dev/app world already has your contact information. Please don't wipe your device, and do not install a different version of the OS as the notifications will not stop. The advert comes from App World. It is notifying you of an upgrade to the dev's app, or an app they are trying to drum up some support for. You do not really have to have the app installed your device.

If you try to delete the message without opening it up and going to App World, then the chances are very high that the notification will be stuck on your homescreen for awhile.

Yellow Star comes in.
    Hit the Messages Folder/Icon and look for the corresponding message.
    Open the message, allowing you to be directed to App World.
    Exit App World, I mean close the App and get back to the homescreen.
    Find the message again and delete it.
    Your yellow star should be gone now....at least until the next one comes in.
    06-27-12 07:42 AM
    I received this message this morning. Deleted the message (which has not reappeared after restart), but the yellow star icon is still on my homescreen. I have not installed any apps recently, and I have certainly never heard of affb, nor have I got it installed (checked application manager).

What can I do? If I can't fix this, I will never return to BlackBerry. I have a BlackBerry Curve 9300, carried by Vodacom, South Africa.
    I have the exact same problem. I deleted the message and its still there. I have never downloaded an app from that creator. It just randomly appeared. Also mine is an orange star
    01-18-13 06:04 AM
    A suggestion to search messages>menu>view folder found one message: Blackberry Protect. I deleted it and the star disappeared.
    02-02-13 06:29 PM
    i cant get this star off my phone i have a blackberry bold 9900 and when i go into view folder all of the folders are empty please help
    06-18-13 01:08 PM
    It is from an app you've downloaded, like an ad for another app kinda. It should show up in messages, once read you should be able to delete the message getting rid of the star!
    06-18-13 05:21 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD