Hi Guys, I just got a black bezel. I dropped my phone and all the scratches were on the bezel so ill change it.
    the thing is I seen the videos and I know how to take it apart and put it back, but the bezel I got does not come with buttons or anything else. ( I'm ok with that because i wanted the chrome buttons.

Do I take all the pieces from the old bezel and add them to the new one?
    I have also been reading about the screen and speakers mesh? How do I take those out.

Sorry first time doing this.

Any info would be great help.
    07-09-09 10:31 AM
    The buttons/keys are very easy,there held in using rubber parts attached to the keys.as for the mesh,I can't remember how there held in,I did a diy job on my bezel so I didn't need to remove the mesh's just the keys.but I'm sure if your careful you could unpick them and stick them back down

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-09-09 01:49 PM
    Thanks for the info....I hope I wont mess this up lol
    07-09-09 01:59 PM
    When I changed out my bezel,The buttons are easy to remove their just snapped it rubber.the hardest one to reinstall is the top button is a little tough.
    07-09-09 02:04 PM
    When I changed out my bezel,The buttons are easy to remove their just snapped it rubber.the hardest one to reinstall is the top button is a little tough.
    what about the mesh... this is where i am confused lol......also i assume that the connector buttons at the bottom are the same. ( i mean the charge button thins for the dock )
    07-09-09 02:52 PM
    what about the mesh... this is where i am confused lol......also i assume that the connector buttons at the bottom are the same. ( i mean the charge button thins for the dock )
    Once you open up your phone, you'll see where the speaker mesh are placed. You need very fine tweezers to carefully peel them. A hot gun or blow dryer is useful to pre-heat the glue. Simply reapply on your new bezel.

Same applies for the charging contacts. They snap off, but again be careful.

Patience is a virtue and you'll need lots of it. Do not force anything by any means!
    07-09-09 03:29 PM
    Once you open up your phone, you'll see where the speaker mesh are placed. You need very fine tweezers to carefully peel them. A hot gun or blow dryer is useful to pre-heat the glue. Simply reapply on your new bezel.

Same applies for the charging contacts. They snap off, but again be careful.

Patience is a virtue and you'll need lots of it. Do not force anything by any means!
    thanks for the Info, I will try and do it on a day that I don't have 101 things to do lol. I found a shop near my work that would do it for me for $30. Do you think it's worth it? or should i try it myself
    07-09-09 03:34 PM
    if you have the appropriate tools and free time, do it yourself. You'll feel that much better about your new bold once its all done. Good luck.

07-09-09 05:02 PM
    if you have the appropriate tools and free time, do it yourself. You'll feel that much better about your new bold once its all done. Good luck.

Cool ill give it a try. I even ordered the t5 srewdriver

07-09-09 05:46 PM

Thanks for all the good info, I did it today and all went good. The blow dryer trick for the mess worked amazing.

Thank you
    07-15-09 07:28 PM
    what did you do about your white sticker when you did this?
    07-15-09 07:41 PM
    I did not really care about it....I just broke it....lol. I think there's ways to add something back on if you need to exchange it

07-15-09 07:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD