So I bought a used bold... The bezel was really scratched up and it had a blue trackball so i decided that I was switch them out. The previous owner had already opened it up before. It seems though when he put it together he altered the top of one of the screws and it now is stuck in the hole and i can't get it out. I've tried tweezers, my T5 screwdriver, and a 1.4mm screwdriver(too small) and a 2.0mm screwdriver (too big). I don't have anything in between and I really don't want to order one. Help anyone?
    06-28-09 02:27 PM
    Order a new screw,I sure a certain auction site sells them ,and use a small drill to drill it out

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-28-09 04:25 PM
    More info please.

Do you mean that you cannot turn the screw cause it's in too tight?

Or you can loosen the screw but it won't come out?

Is the face stripped out (obviously if you're using screwdrivers)?

I've always been great at removing stubborn fasteners and I woud love to help, but I need more info.

06-29-09 09:06 AM
    It sounds like it is stripped and they are torx heads not Allen heads, he may have tried to use an Allen wrench to tighten them, thus stripping it. Use needle nose vise grips and turn it out, then replace it with a new one.
    06-29-09 09:31 AM
    Order a new screw,I sure a certain auction site sells them ,and use a small drill to drill it out

needle nose vice grips are far cheaper than a bit small enough to back it out. Only certain reverse thread bits will work on SS screws of that size.
    06-29-09 09:32 AM
    easy out bit will help you(a really small one). check your bigger hardware stores.
    06-29-09 10:22 AM
    Easy out bit will be the best bet for removing the screw whilst minimizing the risk of damaging the surrounding hardware. But the screw head has such a small height and width that it will take patience and a steady hand. Set yourself up on a work table where you can comfortably sit or stand so you aren't straining to reach anything. Get a lamp with a bright bulb and take the shade off. And get yourself a magnifying glass so you can see if you are damaging anything else. If you do screw it up, there's little chance of repairing the threads, unless you're comfortable with tiny tap & die.

06-29-09 03:16 PM
    I wanted to change my hoseing case but I kind of riped it and the screw in stuck with a black thing around it what should I do
    05-04-13 09:35 AM
    I wanted to change my hoseing case but I kind of riped it and the screw in stuck with a black thing around it what should I do
    If its one of the middle screws, you need to pry it a bit, grip the metal thing with small pliers and try to unscrew, and replace the bezel.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9630 using Tapatalk
    05-15-13 09:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD