I could sure use some help with this. I'm trying to access my media card in my phone when I hook it up to my PC via USB cable in order to transfer music and movies to it. The only thing that shows up is the internal device memory on the phone. So basically I've got a 4GB card that I can't use at all. Also, when I go to Options>Memory on the BB, the phone recognizes the card and shows all the available space so I know that the card is good and the phone is recognizing it. Also, I don't have a card reader and I would like to avoid buying one if I don't have to.

Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
    06-08-09 09:00 AM
    06-08-09 12:06 PM
    Unfortunately, this didn't fix everything for me. I can now access my media card through the Roxio Media Manager, but that's it. Any other ideas?
    06-08-09 03:37 PM
    what are your settings under options>memory?
    06-08-09 03:49 PM
    I have tried it with Mass Storage Mode Support both on and off. With it on, Media Manager only recognizes the device storage. With it off, Roxio Media Manager will recognize both the device storage and the media card storage.

I can't get windows explorer to recognize the media card either way. Do you know of any issues between Windows XP and SDHC cards?
    06-08-09 03:53 PM
    media card support shoud be ON
    mass storage mode ON
    Auto enable mass storage mode: YES

Did you read the thread i posted and installed the driver?
    06-08-09 03:55 PM
    Do you have any network drives 'mapped' in XP?
    If so, unmap you drive(s) and try again...
    06-08-09 04:15 PM
    Yep. It didn't change anything for me.
    06-08-09 04:16 PM
    Wink29 - Do I need to unmap all of the drives? My company has five drives mapped.
    06-08-09 04:23 PM
    Not sure. Here was my situation-
    I had a mapped drive "H" (company drive, like yours) already.
    My blackberry internal memory was appearing as a "G" drive in My Computer.

How I discovered what was going on... I pressed the "safely remove hardware" icon on the bottom right of my PC desktop (down by the time/date/volume icons). I saw the other USB devices that I had connected... including my blackberry, as the "G" drive.

That's when I noticed "Blackberry media card" H: But, it was, like, ghosted out. I hope that makes sense. It was like it was there, but not there?

Anyway, I unmapped my H drive, disconnected and reconnected my blackberry, and WHAM... up popped the media card as the H drive.

I just gave the company mapped drive a different letter, and it's worked ever since. My guess is, if you see your blackberry internal memory, it will want the next contiguous letter for the media card. If it's already taken, it might not work.

And, please understand... I've had this thing for all of two days. So, I was just lucky to stumble across this. As you can tell from my non-eloquent descriptions, I'm no guru.

Hope it helps!!!
    06-08-09 07:52 PM
    Thanks. That took care of it. I had tried it earlier today, but only disconnected one of the drives. Turns out it was the next drive letter that the BB was trying to grab. Hopefully when I log back on to the network tomorrow, I won't have to go through this all over again. Thanks again for the help!
    06-08-09 08:55 PM
    Thanks. That took care of it. I had tried it earlier today, but only disconnected one of the drives. Turns out it was the next drive letter that the BB was trying to grab. Hopefully when I log back on to the network tomorrow, I won't have to go through this all over again. Thanks again for the help!
    My pleasure! Glad to help.
    06-09-09 05:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD