Hey guys,

yesterday my bold turned off on its on, I was scared but I pulled the batt and after a looooong 5 minutes it came back on. Now today it did it again. I havent upgraded the stock OS 4.6.167; my mem is 43197158.

I have no clue y this is happening now. Anybody have any ideas
    01-29-09 07:51 AM
    Dun fret
    Might be some app messing around with the device
    What apps have u got?

If all else fails, upgrade

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-29-09 11:45 AM
    Is your auto on/off enabled? To check it go to Options-->Auto on/off
    01-29-09 12:53 PM
    Did the device just do a reboot or shut down and not start back up? .167 is known for the device doing random reboots on its own.
    01-29-09 01:57 PM
    Did the device just do a reboot or shut down and not start back up? .167 is known for the device doing random reboots on its own.
    Well on .185 and now.216 I get pretty much the same random reboots. Apparently this is just a common problem no matter the OS. But thankfully I myself haven't had OS problems range beyond that. I wouldn't worry too much about it purpleberry. But if you're having other issues maybe you might want to consider an upgrade.
    01-29-09 01:59 PM
    Well on .185 and now.216 I get pretty much the same random reboots. Apparently this is just a common problem no matter the OS. But thankfully I myself haven't had OS problems range beyond that. I wouldn't worry too much about it purpleberry. But if you're having other issues maybe you might want to consider an upgrade.

I also had random reboots on occaision with .185. Specifically when the device was connecting to wifi but I have not had any random reboots on any other OS. I have been running .216 for a month or so and its been perfect with not one single reboot. Maybe its a app or something corrupting your device if your getting reboots on .216.
    01-29-09 02:02 PM
    I also had random reboots on occaision with .185. Specifically when the device was connecting to wifi but I have not had any random reboots on any other OS. I have been running .216 for a month or so and its been perfect with not one single reboot. Maybe its a app or something corrupting your device if your getting reboots on .216.
    Yeah most likely. It's only happened like once. I just kind of go with it. But if it was to happen too much, then I'd consider getting rid of some apps. I don't have many apps anyway.
    01-29-09 02:05 PM
    Ya I am still running Rogers stock .162 and I have noticed my Bold sometimes randomly restarting itself out of the corner of my eye.

I was on the phone with Rogers yesterday regarding something else and so I just asked the guy and he said it may be something to do with 3rd party apps, he said the google ones (I have maps) in particular are prone to making the blackberry reboot itself now and then. I don't know if there's any truth to this but I thought I'd pass along what he told me.

Skytrain

01-29-09 02:06 PM
    Yeah most likely. It's only happened like once. I just kind of go with it. But if it was to happen too much, then I'd consider getting rid of some apps. I don't have many apps anyway.

Twice isnt bad. Nothing to worry about with that. At least its not everyday or every other day. I would not even worry about that.
    01-29-09 02:07 PM
    Upgrade your OS. I experienced random resets all the time with .162, ever since upgrading to .210+ I've never had it happen to me again.
    01-29-09 02:20 PM
    Yeah happened to me a couple of times this morning for some reason when I was trying to watch a movie on my bold...I would just play the movie and then the red led light would just turn on and the bold would just reboot...
    01-29-09 02:23 PM
    I had that problem out of the box on my first ATT locked.
    returned to vendor.
    Second has been perfect.

If it is persistent and can not be resolved easily then return to ATT for no charge replacement,
    01-29-09 10:35 PM
    the occasional reset is pretty much expected for most smartphones
    even on .216, i experienced a couple of resets. mostly during video playbacks
    01-29-09 10:42 PM
    Thx guys 4 the advice, it hasn't done that again since this morning, but I think I will upgrade. I hear .228 is out now

01-29-09 11:25 PM
    I have had every OS from .167 to .228, and never had random restarts. I suspect a non-OS software problem.

01-29-09 11:58 PM
    I had it a fair few times on .162

It was usually when making some sort of connection. In Flycast of Slingplayer.

I upgraded to .216 and havent had it since. I dont us those apps anymore though.
    01-30-09 05:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD