Hey, my bold was working fine for the most part untill last night when i tried to input my password to unlock it, I noticed that when I pressed the a key it would make 2 characters appear. then I realized i couldn't login because the keys were changed. When prompted to type in "blackberry" I discovered that when i press the A key it types "uo" and when i press the red power button it types "nm" and the trackball types "hl" and the answer key types "jk". All the other key work as they should but i cant login now or answer incoming calls. Anyone know how to solve this problem?
    05-16-09 06:43 PM
    I think there was a post about this exact issue just one or two days ago. You may want to search the threads in this forum. Not sure if there was a solution or not. Sorry to hear about the problem.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-16-09 06:51 PM
    Have you tried battery pull? And has there been liquid related accidents on your phone?

05-16-09 06:52 PM
    Did the phone come in contact with any water?

05-16-09 06:53 PM
    yeah i have tried a battery pull as well as update the os and a backup/restore. as far as i know it didnt come in contact with any liquid. Is there any kind of keyboard driver or anything along those lines?
    05-16-09 06:56 PM
    also i was wondering if there is a way for me to access my text messages and call log beacuse i have multiple missed calls and messages.
    05-16-09 07:02 PM
    That sounds like a nightmare and sorry I don't have a solution for you. But skyjackel's right - there was just another thread about this. Unless it was an earlier one of yours! I think it was asking about a virus. Do a thread search on "virus."
    05-16-09 07:33 PM
    Here. http://forums.crackberry.com/f83/bold-virus-228212/

Not sure if it will help or not.
    05-16-09 07:35 PM
    I highly doubt there is a virus on the phone. This could be a completely different issue than the thread that is being referred to. As far as I'm concerned, this is a malfucntioning hardware issue that warrants a warranty exchange.

Do a backup of the phone through desktop manager. It will prompt you for your password there too but I'm sure your computer keyboard will work just fine. Keep that backup and use it to restore the phone that you get back.
    05-16-09 07:40 PM
    Nah, I don't think it's a virus. I just mean there may have been some good suggestions in the other thread. Some identical strange keyboard responses - typing an "a" and getting a "uo."
    05-16-09 07:48 PM
    Hey, my bold was working fine for the most part untill last night when i tried to input my password to unlock it, I noticed that when I pressed the a key it would make 2 characters appear. then I realized i couldn't login because the keys were changed. When prompted to type in "blackberry" I discovered that when i press the A key it types "uo" and when i press the red power button it types "nm" and the trackball types "hl" and the answer key types "jk". All the other key work as they should but i cant login now or answer incoming calls. Anyone know how to solve this problem?
    I have the EXACT same problem, does anyone know how to fix it?
    06-14-09 05:44 AM
    F29 supplied the answer guys call your carrier for a warranty exchange!

06-14-09 05:51 AM
    hi there, i have the same problem i went to my provider for warranty, they solve the problem in 7 days but the next day had my phone occur exactly the same problem, they told me could be malfuction on the cells mainboard
    07-08-09 07:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD