So i got this unlocked bold off craiglist for my father who lives overseas and it has a big issue. He doesn't even have the email setup yet and he keeps gettin these spam emails from like facebook and twitter tivo, etc. I noticed this also when i first got the phone and was testing it out but i stupidly didn't think much of it. Now he cant get his email setup because the people at his wireless service says that there is an account already setup and he needs some sort of password. Any ideas??????? please help. This is my second messed up bold that i got off craigslist.
    06-17-09 09:51 PM
    its been linked to an account. call your provider and they should be able to allocate it to your own account if you have proof of purchase. or contact the seller and get them to remove it from theirs. this has been covered many times though
    06-17-09 10:07 PM
    but my father is overseas and the phone is unlocked. I dont see how this is a problem

the lady at his wireless company said she needs some sort of password
    06-17-09 10:15 PM
    the phone being unlocked only means you can use another sim card in the phone. if the phone is secondhand then the PIN of the phone is linked to someone else's account. you first need that pin taken off their account and put onto your father's account before the emails will work properly
    06-18-09 11:19 PM
    It is setup under someone elses BIS account. You need to either get that account name / password and remove those emails or have a new BIS account swapped out for that phone.
    06-18-09 11:23 PM
    but my father is overseas and the phone is unlocked. I dont see how this is a problem

the lady at his wireless company said she needs some sort of password
    i do. the phone you purchased is still listed as being operated under someone elses account. you need to contact the person you bought it from and have them contact their service provider and have the phones IMEI and PIN disassociated with their account. then your dad can set up the phone under his account. the phones voice and SMS will be able to be used for now, but their email address is still linked to the phone probably and he is getting their messages. he wont be able to make a BIS/BES account until that PIN is released. try that.
    Last edited by dictoresno; 06-18-09 at 11:29 PM.
    06-18-09 11:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD