I've had the 9700 for several months without issue, when randomely, this morning the phone started typing by itself -'L' and 'H' like this...lhlhlhlhlhlhlhlhl- until a message pops up that says "field full". The phone won't respond to the back button and I can't turn it off using the power button - I have to manually pull the battery out to turn it off. When I put the battery back in, it goes to the home screen, but the trackball only works intermittently, and I can't open any of my mailboxes or make calls. Then, about 20 seconds after I put the battery back in, the lhlhlhlhhlhl thing starts again...I have no idea what is going on, but I use this phone for work, so I really need to figure it out...

Help!
    06-30-10 10:03 AM
    Looks like your "l" and "h" keys are stuck or something, I would suggest take it for repairs.
    06-30-10 10:11 AM
    If the phone has has any water damage the keypad may start typing random characters also. I would try a fresh install to see if that fixes the problem. If you have insurance and can easily replicate the problem just take the phone in for a replacement. If you don't have insurance and your warranty is already void you could open up the 9700 and see if there is any damage to the keypad or if it's just a simple issue, which I doubt, of those two keys recieving more contact than the others.
    06-30-10 12:13 PM
    what OS are you running? when was the last time you id a battery pull (removing the battery with the device on, leave out for 30 secs, put back in)

let us know is the battery pull works or now...
    06-30-10 12:13 PM
    I performed numerous battery pulls yesterday...and suddenly, the phone started working normally, without any issues whatsoever. That is, until this afternoon, when suddenly, I ran into the same problem - the phone typing by itself and basically freezing/buttons couldn't be used.

I'm at a loss...As far as I know, there hasn't been any water damage, but I don't have insurance on the phone...
    07-01-10 12:48 PM
    07-02-10 12:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD