okay so one day my battery completed died and i tried charging it and nothing, basically a solid red light will show up for a lil bit once i plugged it in and then a battery with a red x will display on the screen. so i ordered a new battery and it came in and as soon as i inserted the new battery in the phone then the phone turned on, and was working properly and i began to fully charge it. then moments later it completely shut off and i was back at square one, the phone wouldnt turn back on and when i plugged it in a red light will show up and then a battery with a red x displays on the screen. Anyone have any idea????
    07-01-11 08:10 PM
    Try a different charger. If you are using a USB cable, plug your device into a wall charger. If you are using a wall charger, try a different one.
    07-01-11 09:56 PM
    I actually have 2 wall chargers and a usb cable and they all didnt work. It appears my phone isnt recognizing the battery at all. Which is odd because earlier today when I received my new battery it turned on and was working great and then I began to fully charge it and it just completely shut off and refused to turn back on.
    07-01-11 10:09 PM
    Did anything else change on your phone? Did you drop the phone or get it wet?
    07-01-11 10:13 PM
    Nope. As soon as I began to fully charge it. I walked away from it and moments later I came back and the phone was turned off and unable to turn back on. I seen the charge indicator on the phone and everything. Just blows my mind that it was working just fine and then all of sudden just turns off for no apparent reason
    07-01-11 10:19 PM
    What was going on when the original battery fully discharged? It is possible, even likely given that you are ruling out everything else, that your phone has developed a fault in the internal charging circuitry that killed your original battery and is precluding charging a new battery.

Try this: charge your new battery in a different BlackBerry, or using an external charger. Put the fully charged new battery in your phone. If it holds a charge, discharges at the normal rate, and recharges normally, you've worked around the transient error in your charging circuitry. If your phone quickly discharges the new, fully charged battery, and the battery then won't recharge while in the phone, you've proven the fault lies in the phone. In that case you have a warranty claim if it is in warranty, or an insurance claim if you have insurance and the phone is out of warranty.
    07-01-11 10:26 PM
    Unfortunately, I dont have another blackberry to charge my battery. I didnt leave my phone on the charger that long so the battery never drained. I left it on the charger and came back maybe 15 minutes later if that to see if it was still charging and it was completely off so It still has life it just refuses to turn on and the phone just wont recognize the battery.
    07-01-11 10:47 PM
    Take your phone to a store during a time when they aren't busy. Explain what's happening and ask the store person to charge your battery for you. If you go to the store where you bought the phone, they'll likely be willing to help you.
    07-02-11 07:32 AM
    I greatly appreciate your help. But, if my phone wont turn on with a half life battery then why will it with a full charged battery?
    07-02-11 11:32 AM
    How do you know you are using a half-charged battery? Unless there's something you haven't told me, you bought a new battery and your phone won't charge it using three different chargers. You don't have another phone to try the battery in, so you can't prove it, but it sounds like your phone has a fatal failure in its power circuitry. That's what I'm trying to help you demonstrate.
    07-02-11 12:59 PM
    Oh I see. But anyways, when I received my battery it was half way full. Right when I put the battery in the phone it turned on and was running great. I began to fully charge it and then the phone just shut off and refused to turn back on.
    07-02-11 01:33 PM
    The exact same thing happened to me & it stayed off for about a week. My solution: plug in via usb, then using BBdesktop software, update your device. It took a couple of hours because it completely reset the phone & has been working fine ever since. (About 2 weeks)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-06-11 06:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD