I have a BB Bold, and it has water damage -__-, everything works fine on it, but if i place it on the table to hard, or i tap it a little, it turns off and restarts, and comments on that? help, but this thread was becus since i have this problem im worried mostly about my contacts being list, becus im scared it will turn off and not turn back on, so i was wondering if anyone knows, if when i back it up, i can restore a new BB Bold, and exactly what will i not get back, and what i will get.
    07-05-09 08:02 PM
    I have a BB Bold, and it has water damage -__-, everything works fine on it, but if i place it on the table to hard, or i tap it a little, it turns off and restarts, and comments on that? help, but this thread was becus since i have this problem im worried mostly about my contacts being list, becus im scared it will turn off and not turn back on, so i was wondering if anyone knows, if when i back it up, i can restore a new BB Bold, and exactly what will i not get back, and what i will get.
    If the phone is turning on still I'd do a backup on desktop manager. That
    backup file will save under "my documents" and you can use that backup file
    to restore your new Bold. Everything will save. Contacts, settings, brickbreaker score, etc....
    07-05-09 08:04 PM
    You might want to make a list of your applications, or back them up, if possible. They're not a huge deal, but it's easier to restore if they're backed up, than searching around for them.

You can find instructions to do that by searching "How To Back-up 3rd Party Applications"
    07-05-09 08:13 PM
    I have photos of the main screen & the application screen so I can remember what programs and their icons are where.
    07-05-09 09:23 PM
    Hi ProblmeChild0
    when i first got my bold it was running os 167 and i had dropped calls and if i was a bit heavy handed putting my phone down or tapping the back it would reset. since then i've upgraded my phone to os 247 and i've not had a problem. So maybe an upgrade would help
    07-06-09 11:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD