I need some help please!
    I have two BlackBerrys bold 2, one T-mobile and the other At & t, i send it to my country, Venezuela to sell it, the Blackberry At&t works perfect connected to the 3G network, but the T-Mobile only works on EDGE,
    the bands of the t-mobile are 1, 3 and 4 and the At&t are 1,2,5 and 6
    should not be the same?
    how do I do to make the blackberry from T-Mobile work on a 3G network?
    is there any way to change those numbers?
    are the bands or is something else?

they are supposed to be the same blackberry bold 2 models but with different carrier, should not work in the same way?

is anything i can do to make the t-mobile work on 3G?

i will apreciate any help

thanks
    05-02-10 01:07 AM
    My t-mobile, unlocked, blackberry will not connect to 3G
    05-02-10 01:08 AM
    each bold 9700 with a carrier has different 3g bands....both of the carriers would have to have the same 3g bands for the 3g to work. the carrier in venezuela is using the same 3g bands as at&t thats why the 3g is working on the at&t bold and not the tmobile one.
    05-02-10 01:47 AM
    short story, NO, you cannot change it, there is NO way. you have to buy an AT&T version.
    05-02-10 06:54 PM
    Isn�t it possible to format the device and install another OS... cause I read that both devices are the same, but T-Mobile blocks the other frequencies...
    What do you think, anyone has tried this???
    05-04-10 11:17 PM
    No, you cannot.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-04-10 11:24 PM
    You may be able to unlock the other frequencies by changing the code in the sfi file, but it's huge, and the potential to muck it up even worse is great.

WAPers do it With A Passion
    I'm many people's brother, have several BB daughters and sons,
    but I sure as heck ain't your momma!
    I'm a Survivor Baby!But the dang game fizzled out

05-04-10 11:30 PM
    You may be able to unlock the other frequencies by changing the code in the sfi file, but it's huge, and the potential to muck it up even worse is great.
    Dude, you have absolutely no idea how to do it or even concrete proof that it can be done. That BGR article is bull****. TWO DIFFERENT SETS OF HARDWARE! Don't give him hope unless it actually can be done, which it CANNOT.
    05-05-10 01:10 AM
    Humm it happens that I need the 850mhz frecuency, meaning... it happened samething as "gecom76", as I own a T-Mobile device... that means I should buy a new one... an AT&T device to be able to use 3G??

I accept crazy ideas... how do I unlock that code... I wanna try that!!!
    05-10-10 10:26 PM
    I am gonna go with dLo GSR and say that its just two different 3G phones. One of them is locked to one type of 3G service the other is locked to another. There is no way to make the T-Mobile one work on 3G.
    05-10-10 10:54 PM
    I'll have to agree with dlo and alextop. Two different carriers have two different 3g freqs. I wouldn't encourage trying to change any code without proper or correct information.

05-10-10 11:01 PM
    To answer the OP, Venezuela uses these frequencies for 3G: UMTS 900 or UMTS 1900. The 9700, however, has UMTS: Band IV (1700/2100) frequencies only for 3G. No wonder it doesn't connect on the 3G network there.
    Solution: buy another phone with the right frequencies.
    05-11-10 03:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD