Hello,

I have recently purchased a Bold 9900 as I disliked the iPhone 5. I really like the phone but the batterylife on my bold is terrible, my old curve battery used to last me a full day but the bold barely lasts me half a day. I close all my applications, don't have many people on BBM but it still is terrible, I have purchased another battery but it is just the same, does anyone have any tips for me?
    04-06-13 10:10 AM
    I'm assuming it is a used phone. Make sure it is wiped properly. Use BB desktop software to back up and then wipe and restore your phone. If you do not use NFC or Bluetooth on the regular make sure it is off. Wifi too if you know you are out and don't need it. Keeping apps closed is the right thing to do but not all are draining battery in the background. I find I only have to keep an eye on Whatsapp running when I'm not using it. Clear the browser of any open tabs as well. I don't see much more you can do. The 9900 was never known for its battery life in the BB world. If you are always chatting on the phone that is the biggest draw in power for me but my 9900 still last to the end of the day. I just don't have many long talks on it. The most I've gone is like 1hr in talk time. But you could be different. Might as well keep a spare battery on you.
    04-06-13 10:28 AM
    Hello,

I have recently purchased a Bold 9900 as I disliked the iPhone 5. I really like the phone but the batterylife on my bold is terrible, my old curve battery used to last me a full day but the bold barely lasts me half a day. I close all my applications, don't have many people on BBM but it still is terrible, I have purchased another battery but it is just the same, does anyone have any tips for me?
    Make sure you've got the latest updates installed.

Take note of how much signal strength you have......
    ...As in is your phone always trying to find signal?

I have the CDMA version of your phone ( the 9930 ) and while it doesn't last as long as my 9650...
    ...I was getting 9 or 10 hours of pretty heavy use on it.
    ...And extra batteries are CHEAP for that phone.
    04-06-13 10:31 AM
    I was a heavy user with my 9900, voice, email, texting. I had to charge it every 8-10 hours. I bought a generic spare battery,(not so good) make sure you get an original BB battery. As mentioned above I found that leaving wifi on when not using wifi had the phone searching for wifi constantly and that was a big draining issue. I learned to turn wifi on when I was at home or the office. It really helped.
    04-06-13 10:39 AM