Anyone use this, I just found it, it helps a bit but I am still all over the place with my old eyes. Typing this in column view I can't see a thing AT ALL, the font is tiny, any help with better viewing facilities welcome. Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-18-08 01:57 AM
    Anyone use this, I just found it, it helps a bit but I am still all over the place with my old eyes. Typing this in column view I can't see a thing AT ALL, the font is tiny, any help with better viewing facilities welcome. Thanks

+4.0 reading glasses on ebay helps. As we age, this happens. At 62, I use a BlackBerry because of its large screen.
    10-18-08 02:05 AM
    +4.0 reading glasses on ebay helps. As we age, this happens. At 62, I use a BlackBerry because of its large screen.
    You use it because of it's large screen? Can you please confirm what drugs you are on?

10-18-08 02:07 AM
    You use it because of it's large screen? Can you please confirm what drugs you are on?

Yes, in comparison with other phones that I have owned, the 8310 has a relatively large screen. No medication involved.

Under Browser, Options, General Properties, you can change the default and minimum font size.
    10-18-08 02:12 AM

iI guess it all depends what you are used to holding in your hand and how you choose to measure it, it seems very small to me!

10-18-08 02:29 AM
    iI guess it all depends what you are used to holding in your hand and how you choose to measure it, it seems very small to me!

I guess what you say must be true since you quoted your own post when you replied.

In truth the Bold has a huge screen for a mobile phone and the pixel density is very high. I owned one for a while but returned it for various reasons but the screen size, resolution, clarity was nt among them. I thought that the Bold screen was the best that I had ever seen on a mobile phone.

I used to think that about my Curve until I saw the Bold.

I can easily watch movies on my Curve the screen is so good. Te ability to shoot movies and look at photos make the Curve a fantastic multi-media device.

The above said, what we are talikg about is a handheld mobile phone so the screen size is limited to wat fit in your pocket. Clearly a phone cannot compare to any non-pocket sized devices. What else is out there, an iPhone? Bigger screen to be sure but there it stops. HTC, again, bigger screen but no keyboard. The Storm is stilllargely unknown but it has huge potential with a very large screen. I wonder a bit howi ti will fare in my pocket with a bunch of keys and loose change. Certainly worse than my Curve.

I am waiting for the Javelin to come out (since I like a real keyboard) and that has an even bigger screen with more pixels than the Bold.

It just keeps getting better.
    Last edited by Pete6; 10-18-08 at 03:47 AM.
    10-18-08 03:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD