quick question but probably not a quick answer.

My region is considering switching handset very very soon from BB bold and the option being considered is the iphone5. Has anyone a nice concise bunch of bullet points highlighting the strengths and weaknesses of BB bold vs iphone5?
    BB10 handsets are not an option (unfortunately as I use the Z10 for personal use and love it)

To give you an idea of what I'm struggling with I have heard some people criticise how the email replying is weird on iOS and the calendar lacks features.

Thanks in advance.
    Mark
    09-17-13 04:22 AM
    Physical keyboard, messaging/email, and the ability to manage the devices from a server (BES 5) would be what I would stress!
    09-17-13 10:03 AM
    If they will not use bb10 devices, that is a shame. I would suggest having the IT person check out the Q5 or Q10 and then tell them about BES 10 running along BES 5 too.

Sent from my BlackBerry Bold Touch 9900 using Tapatalk
    09-20-13 04:14 PM
    Lack of BES is the biggest issue - though there is someone doing an IPhone enterprise type server package. I don't have the details to hand but at least 1 London brewer or distributor is using it for there company phones.

You might find it through google, otherwise if I can lay my hand on the article or link I'll post it here.
    09-23-13 04:34 PM
    But the biggest issue for Iphone users and admins who have no idea what BES is, is secure push email. Activesync isnít entirely secure, and isnít real push. A lot has been written on this subject easily accessible on the web. BES is the only reliable real push email solution out there. Side benefit is potentially lower battery drain for email. Thatís how my older BB was able to pick up the same mail for 7 or 8 email accounts with the battery lasting almost 2 days between charges, while the device running Activesync would be dead in about 4 to 6 hours.

Activesync has security issues not present in a typical BES system, and crashes very easily with poorly formatted emails and other Outlook items. I had that kind of a problem once that turned out to be a contact record that contained a huge bitmap attachment. My old Palm Treo and BB 8703e (that syncíd the same organizer folders) simply stripped the attachment and ignored it, the Windows Mobile device (with Activesync) blew out the device image and required a low-level format to restart.

Very labor intensive process to troubleshoot Activesync devices that wonít sync, since Microsoft wonít fix it. Donít forget that Microsoft controls this, not Apple, so donít even think youíll get either of those companies on the phone to help you.
    09-23-13 06:09 PM
    Saving email attachments on iPhone is a pain

Posted via CB10
    09-23-13 09:24 PM
    I like the file management much more on a BlackBerry, emailing different types of file is very simple on a BlackBerry, for exemple: From a job site I sometimes need to email a picture from the site with a PDF and an excel file attached to my email back to my office. Now I'm not saying you cant do this with an Iphone but I think its tedious to accomplish. (I don't have an Iphone)

I write lots of emails during the day, physical keyboard is so important to me, I've used the full touch and not a big fan when it comes down to writing multiple emails.

Good luck with the decision your company makes.
    09-23-13 09:34 PM