Guys,

Just migrated from a Tour to the 9780.

Noticed one thing that really bugs me and I cant seem to find a setting which would address this concern.

It seems the logos I have previously attached to my addresses no longer show properly on the 9780. It seems the unit crops only a small portion of the logo's so they look really weird

Does anyone know how to fix this? The logo's look fine in my outlook.

Thanks in advance for your help.
    08-16-11 06:17 PM
    Yes. Do it manually. 100% garantee of success.

Besides that, nope. The OS really can't tell where is the best place to crop.
    08-16-11 08:46 PM
    Manually? How is this done? I have hundreds of contacts and all the logo's are on my PC.

Should I transfer all the logo's to my SD card and pick them out one at a time?

DAMN this seems like a lot of work.
    08-17-11 03:11 AM
    I would have thought it makes more sense to find out the size of image that the Blackberry wants to use. Then run through the images on your PC updating their sizes to be Blackberry compatible.

I only have a few images, but have not seen any cropping problems. They just got transferred from Outlook without fuss.
    08-17-11 05:23 AM
    I would have thought it makes more sense to find out the size of image that the Blackberry wants to use. Then run through the images on your PC updating their sizes to be Blackberry compatible.

I only have a few images, but have not seen any cropping problems. They just got transferred from Outlook without fuss.
    They would be too small and pixalized for PC viewing... OS 5 used to have a 72x96 size, but 6 is even smaller than that. Something like 72x86, maybe a bit less even.

Manually? How is this done? I have hundreds of contacts and all the logo's are on my PC.

Should I transfer all the logo's to my SD card and pick them out one at a time?

DAMN this seems like a lot of work.
    It is if you have a lot of them. I'd go about it renaming the image files to match the contact name, then moving them to the SD card, under /blackberry/pictures/contacts and the... Edit contact manually.

Now that I think of it, no idea how Outlook/DM will behave thou. It might overwrite you efforts.

If you are confortable with smaller logos, then do as Batter suggested.
    Last edited by diegonei; 08-17-11 at 08:54 AM.
    08-17-11 08:50 AM
    I cannot remember 100% how I did this, but I am pretty sure all I did was to add the photo to Outlook first. Then it was copied to the Blackberry. The Blackberry then slightly resized the image. I think it then updated Outlook's original on the next sync.

From checking the details in the Microsoft Support file, the Outlook contact image can be a max of 90 x 90 pixels in size. And looks fine on my 1920x1200 screen without looking like a blocky pixel mess.

On my OS 6 blackberry the image displays fine.

When I look at the images in Outlook now, I can copy them out of the application and paste them into paint. And they now seem to be 72x94 in size

I did not use the SD Card at any stage in this. I never edited the Blackberry contact, always worked in Outlook.
    08-17-11 11:25 AM
    A test....

I cropped a photograph to 1885x1726 and save to JPG
    Started Outlook 2007
    Located a contact and edited it.
    Added the photo to that contact.
    Outlook resizes the image.
    Now if I COPY the image from Outlook, it is 72x66 pixels
    Closed Outlook

Start Blackberry Desktop Software
    Attach Blackberry.
    Press SYNC to synchronise with Outlook.
    Notice the updates to the Contacts.
    Disconnect Blackberry.

Look into contact on Blackberry and the image has been changed to my new one.

This method means I could buzz through dozens of images on the PC, using Outlook to add them to each address. Outlook will handle the resizing for me to a size that is both compatible with Outlook and the Blackberry.

No SD card involved.
    08-17-11 12:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD