I typed the below thinking I was sending it to someone, but his last post was in 2012.

I'll admit it.............I'm an ***** when it comes to this phone. I have a Bold 9700, and my only problem with the phone is the browser saying..........."page too large.......shutting browser down". Someone downloaded Opera mini for me, and if it haden't been for that, I'd have thrown it against an oak tree in the yard by now. I'm probably using about one eighth of what the phone is capable of, but it's fine for me because I'm old. I read instructions that always say......"go to home page, hit options", and I've never been able to locate the "HOME" page they are talking about. Anyway, this phone is fine for me, and if I could fix the browser problem, I'd spend the $ on a new battery for it when the time came. I picked you, (sorry, but you look like a nice, patient, fellow), to give me detailed instructions on how to upgrade to the 7.0 browser? I googled the phone, and it said somewhere I looked that you could do this. BTW......I have no games or anything else in the phone except for quick pull, which simulates a battery removal, and frees up memory??? I Got this in desperation, figuring maybe it would make the browser work better..............no luck. Thank you...........daktsk
    07-09-13 10:04 AM
    I typed the below thinking I was sending it to someone, but his last post was in 2012.

I'll admit it.............I'm an ***** when it comes to this phone. I have a Bold 9700, and my only problem with the phone is the browser saying..........."page too large.......shutting browser down". Someone downloaded Opera mini for me, and if it haden't been for that, I'd have thrown it against an oak tree in the yard by now. I'm probably using about one eighth of what the phone is capable of, but it's fine for me because I'm old. I read instructions that always say......"go to home page, hit options", and I've never been able to locate the "HOME" page they are talking about. Anyway, this phone is fine for me, and if I could fix the browser problem, I'd spend the $ on a new battery for it when the time came. I picked you, (sorry, but you look like a nice, patient, fellow), to give me detailed instructions on how to upgrade to the 7.0 browser? I googled the phone, and it said somewhere I looked that you could do this. BTW......I have no games or anything else in the phone except for quick pull, which simulates a battery removal, and frees up memory??? I Got this in desperation, figuring maybe it would make the browser work better..............no luck. Thank you...........daktsk
    07-09-13 10:11 AM
    I hit multi quote, and sent it again. I don't know what it does, but I'm hoping more people see my post.
    07-09-13 10:13 AM
    I hit multi quote, and sent it again. I don't know what it does, but I'm hoping more people see my post.
    I am not the best with the 9700. I will see if I can find help
    07-14-13 10:13 AM
    I know you can't upgrade to the os7 browser. There is special hardware in the os7 version of phones. As for the home page when you click on the browser icon and click your menu button the home page should be an option. Usually it is bing or google. Something like that.
    07-14-13 10:25 AM
    You can and should change your home page just can't remember which search engine is best for os 6. I think bing looks good but google works better? Do you get the page too large error often?
    07-14-13 10:29 AM
    i used to have a 9700 and had the same problem . the best i was able to do was shrink os to free up more ram. it wasnt perfect but was alot better.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    07-14-13 10:34 AM
    That maybe too hard for him. I think there are two options.

1. Keep using opera browser it is good just make sure it is the latest version and make it your default browser so whenever you click on a webpage link it uses opera not the bb browser. Opera works by keeping the webpage on its servers and sending a simplified version to your phone so it doesn't use too much memory. So you don't get the page too large error.

2. Some users had succes by changing some options on the pho e to make the pages that load easier. Try this again by the option button in the browser:

Under browser options disable "Java Script" and disable "embedded media". Not only will you no longer get this error, the web pages open fast and you can open multiple pages at the same time. What a simple fix!
    07-14-13 10:41 AM