Just got my bold last night, i traded my unlocked 8900 for the unlocked bold. i LOVE the look and LOVE the feel of it. it is so much easier to type. The onlty thing i noticed is that unlike my 8900 trackball, i have to kind of push donw a tad for the trackball to work. is that a bold thing? or is the trackball bad? i cleaned it alot last night with rubbing alchol, but im wondering if it is just the type of trackball. it is not the OEM, it is a red replacement, which i was told he just replaced the ball, not the rollers.....

Love being a bold member, awsome phone, Super fast...
    05-29-09 07:30 AM
    I have to give mine a pretty good click, but it's not excessive and it hasn't changed since I got it 6 months ago. Congrats on the new phone.
    05-29-09 07:38 AM
    I have to give mine a pretty good click, but it's not excessive and it hasn't changed since I got it 6 months ago. Congrats on the new phone.
    Thanks!!

Its not the clicking that is the prob, its the scrolling, with my 8900 i had to apply pretty much no pressure, with this bold, i have to apply pressure ot the trackball just spins and spins with nothing moving...
    05-29-09 07:42 AM
    Thanks!!

Its not the clicking that is the prob, its the scrolling, with my 8900 i had to apply pretty much no pressure, with this bold, i have to apply pressure ot the trackball just spins and spins with nothing moving...
    Yeah, I have always had to apply slight pressure.
    05-29-09 07:44 AM
    may wanna put sold up in the marketplace for your trade. But congrats on your new bold, youll love it! I messed with the new att 8900, but was alot smaller and keyboard was alot more pressed together. Wouldnt give my bold up for anything!
    05-29-09 08:43 AM
    Congrats on the BOLD...
    05-29-09 09:09 AM
    Thanks..as long as i get this trackball thing cleared up. Can be a pain...No where as smooth as my 8900...
    05-29-09 09:10 AM
    Welcome.
    I don't have to apply any pressure on the trackball.
    Maybe it'll get easier or maybe you'll just get used to it.
    05-29-09 09:14 AM
    congrats on your bold.

I don't have to put pressure on mine either, it just rolls. you might need to "break it in". if all else fails, try a new trackball.
    05-29-09 09:25 AM
    congrats on your bold.

I don't have to put pressure on mine either, it just rolls. you might need to "break it in". if all else fails, try a new trackball.
    yeah, i do think it needs a new trackball, it almost feels like the ball is to small for the housing, as i said, he replaced jsut the ball, so maybe it is incorrect...i have 2 balls with the housing comeing soon...
    05-29-09 09:35 AM
    I noticed with my wife's 8900, that the trackball is much smoother to scroll with, but I love my bold, and I don't know why, but I know what your talking about, putting a slight bit of pressure on it to scroll, where as the 8900 you could blow on the ball, and it would move
    05-29-09 09:44 AM
    I noticed with my wife's 8900, that the trackball is much smoother to scroll with, but I love my bold, and I don't know why, but I know what your talking about, putting a slight bit of pressure on it to scroll, where as the 8900 you could blow on the ball, and it would move
    so i guess it is jsut the "bold" trackball then? cant i install the atomic trackball that is like the 8900?
    05-29-09 09:46 AM
    yep - Atomic trackball

from CNN.cn's description - "The so-called "atomic trackball", this also works on all previous trackball equipped smartphones. However, you will lose the glowing effect if installed"
    05-29-09 09:48 AM
    yep - Atomic trackball

from CNN.cn's description - "The so-called "atomic trackball", this also works on all previous trackball equipped smartphones. However, you will lose the glowing effect if installed"
    did you do it?
    05-29-09 09:49 AM
    I've tried numerous trackball's from virtually all of the trackball models - and like CNN.cn's descrip says they pretty much all work the same. I've had zero probs from trackball to trackball.
    05-29-09 09:51 AM
    I've tried numerous trackball's from virtually all of the trackball models - and like CNN.cn's descrip says they pretty much all work the same. I've had zero probs from trackball to trackball.
    really? all work the same, cool. ill try the one i ordered. like i said, i wonder since he just put a diffrent ball in, if it is a tad smaller or something
    05-29-09 09:53 AM
    congrats on your bold !!
    05-29-09 10:44 AM
    i'm thinking about switching from my 8900 to a bold as well and went to play with a bold today and noticed the exact same thing. the 8900 is my first blackberry and thought all blackberry trackballs were so smooth, maybe not. if i can find or get the bold's trackball to be so smooth i would definitely switch
    05-31-09 04:42 PM
    Congratulations wnd welcome to the Bold - a truly awesome device. Tons of support here!
    05-31-09 07:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD