Hi, I have (had!) a 10month Bold 9000 that untill about 2 weeks ago had been working fine

The bold was in my pocket when it suddenly got very very hot.

The screen was bright white and when I removed the battery that black vinyl stickers showed heat damage

My bold was running the factory T-Mobile Uk os 9000M_PBr4.6.0_rel499_PL4.0.0.183_A4.6.0.291.exe

T-Mobile have said that it is my fault that it has failed and will not repair or replace under warranty.

I cannot see how the phone getting burning hot while in the oem sleive can be my fault?!

I have only ever used the supplied RIM charger and have no accessories at all with the exception of a fitted bluetooth car kit.

Has anyone heard or seen a bold get so hot?
    10-20-09 04:43 AM
    Hmm that's weird, I presume its completely dead by now? Have you tried installing a new battery?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-20-09 06:25 AM
    1st of all, where did you 'purchase' your BB from? Was it directly from T-Mobile or some other outlet?

Under the UK Consumer Law, if there is a fault with the phone itself then it is the retailer where you purchased the phone from where your complaint lies (IE, Carphone Warehouse, Phones4U, Tescos etc), if you had a fault with the service, then it would be T-Mobile who you would need to speak to. Take a look at this website for a bit more guidance.
    10-20-09 07:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD