My Bold is working fine, as a phone, but ever since it was new I have never been able to use 'normal' headphones or any normal stereo jack.
    When I play music on the Bold, it just keeps on playing when I plug in anything.

Well - the only device that do work, is handsfree sets, with microphone. If I connect the handsfree that came with the bold, it works- the bold sends music out through the plug.

I went back to the dealer, and here in Trinidad that is Digicel. They told me that since the Bold is working as it should with its original equipment, they wouldn't do anything.

I opened up the phone and had a look - but as far as I can see the 3.5 jack is mechanical OK.
    Have also tried different OS versions, but they all give same result.

Am I the only one with this problem?
    How can I plug in my Bose headphones and enjoy some music?

ML
    08-15-09 07:23 PM
    I just started having this problem with mine last week. It was working fine up until then, but sometimes I had to pull the plug and put it back in a few times to get it to work. However, it will not work at all now.
    08-24-09 08:21 AM
    I'm having the same problem with a "higher end" sennheiser headset with mic. Suspect it might be the jack on the bold
    08-24-09 09:06 AM
    Definately the jack on the Bold. I had mine do exactly the same. i used to keep jiggling it for the Bold to recognize my headset/aux cable or anything along those lines......then one day the jiggling was too much and the jack just snapped.

Thanks to Rogers tho they swapped mine for me
    08-24-09 09:08 AM
    I'm with you MGV. Roger's replaced my first one, but only after my friend who works there got on then phone and cursed out tech support.

Just broke the jack on my refurbished phone though, which has less warranty. I just order a couple off cnn.cn. Yes a couple. I expect it to break again. The headphone jack is clearly GARBAGE! To anyone having issues, be prepared for it to fail completely soon.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-24-09 11:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD