Hello all,

I have a problem with my headphone jack, most of the times it works, sometimes it does not. It seems that the jack is too deep for a couple of my earphone plugs, the Bold just doesn't detect it can remains in speakerphone mode. Anyone else have this problem? I might need to take it back to CSL (Hong Kong BB provider).

Take care
    11-07-08 07:07 AM
    Anyone have any input?
    11-07-08 07:45 PM
    Don't you have headphones that come with your Bold?
    11-07-08 08:33 PM
    Out of curiosity, what are the applications that your headphones do and don't work with your Bold? I have the same problem as you describe.
    11-07-08 09:40 PM
    Hello Miler,

Well, I only use my headphones for music, and it stopped working the last couple of days. I thought it may have been because I upgraded to .168, but it worked after I upgraded for a day, then it just stopped working, sometimes sporadically if I keep plugging/unplugging it.

I took it to the CSL store, the technician said there is definitely a problem with my Bold, so my phone is with him right now. I'll let you know what he says.
    11-08-08 02:10 AM
    Roast Beef:
    Let me know what you uncover, as I seem to have a very similar problem as you do utilizing multiple different corded headphones solely to listen to music and specifically with the Flycast program. Thanks
    11-08-08 08:45 AM
    Hey Miler,

I just got my Bold back, they replaced the motherboard. When I asked them they told me the headphone jack had a problem, and since it was soldered onto the main board they just replaced everything. Now my headphone jack works great! Only thing is that I didn't know about the "Device Switch Wizard" function on Device Manager, so none of my apps(which are very few thank goodness) were saved.

I'd suggest you bring yours in as well, they'll probably just give you a new one. Make sure you do a full "device switch" back up before you do.
    11-09-08 05:10 AM
    Thanks for the follow-up info and advice. I read on this forum about another Bold user experiencing the same set of problems as well, which is fairly concerning considering the short time in which the phone has been on the market.
    11-09-08 07:48 AM
    No problem man, I hope you get things figured out. Let me know if you have any other questions.

take care
    11-09-08 07:52 AM
    I just got a hand-me-down Bold (well out of warranty). I use my handheld extensively as a podcast player in the car. My previous Curve had worked fine but the Bold mostly wouldn't work.

I found this thread and went and got my 3.5mm cable from the car. I took a file and tapered the plastic surrounding the plug.

Here's what it looks like now. It works better but not perfect. I think the solution is to find a 3.5mm cable with a slender plug.
    11-18-09 02:07 PM
    Hello All,

I have had this issue in the past with the 8900 / 9000 / and now the 9700. Again, this morning, before my run, it stopped working on my 9700. Rather than exchange my device, I simply performed a soft reset "alt+shift+delete" and it started working again.

I'm sure it's just some bug in the new OS.

Hope this helps some of you!

Best Regards,
    Felix

Semper Fi
    02-14-10 12:51 PM
    My earphones don't work at all with the BlackBerry Z10. If I want to listen to music through earphones the sound still just comes out of the cell phone and not through the earphones. Please, can anyone help, or must I return this cell phone?
    03-22-13 10:19 AM
    i am having the same problem with my z30. the ear phone that came with the phone are not working at all. it does not seem to go in far enough. they can't be used.
    11-01-13 11:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD