T-Mobile's facebook page is getting MAD complaints about the pricing on the 9900, head over to: Welcome to Facebook - Log In, Sign Up or Learn More

Either comment on their announcement post regarding the phone here: Welcome to Facebook - Log In, Sign Up or Learn More

OR

Start your own post on their wall. I have a sneaky feeling that with all the people complaining, they are going to change the price. People are reading them up and down all over the site (including their offical forums as well on tmobile.com)
    08-17-11 09:55 AM
    You are wasting your time. ATT is taking over T-Mobile. They don't care. If you buy the phone it will only work on EDGE after ATT takes over.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-17-11 10:00 AM
    You don't know what AT&T is doing, there has been no deal yet! Also, hardware from T-Mobile will not go dead on AT&T should it go through, do you think T-Mobile is going to destroy all their networks? Honestly...that would be part of the sale dude!
    08-17-11 10:04 AM
    Say what you want about the merger (and we all know it is going to suck), but I'm certain hardware purchased through T-Mo will continue to function or be replaced. I believe this has been covered.
    08-17-11 10:05 AM
    Actually I think Crucial said the deal has been approved.

08-17-11 10:06 AM
    The deal has NOT been approved, in fact AT&T just filed law suites against some company that is trying to petition the public or someone to stop the merger. It would be all over the news if it had been approved.

Furthermore, why worry about what may or may not happen months or perhaps up to a year from now? I don't live in speculation...
    08-17-11 10:22 AM
    Say what you want about the merger (and we all know it is going to suck), but I'm certain hardware purchased through T-Mo will continue to function or be replaced. I believe this has been covered.
    Sure it will work on EDGE but it won't be 3G and if it is replaced ATT will be paid for it and you will have to sign a new contract with ATT.

08-17-11 10:23 AM
    Sure it will work on EDGE but it won't be 3G and if it is replaced ATT will be paid for it and you will have to sign a new contract with ATT.

Dude what planet are you living on? What do you think is going to happen with all of T-Mobile's towers and ****? You think they are going to be destroyed or something? It goes with the purchase man! Honestly...

If you don't believe me just call up T-Mobile and ask them. Geez, stop trying to make people not buy something because you are on a witchhunt. Again, you are worrying about something that may or may not happen well over a year from now (even if the deal does go through, it will still be almost a year before AT&T takes total control.
    08-17-11 10:25 AM
    Here is some info regarding the same
    AT&T agrees to buy T-Mobile USA from Deutsche Telekom for $39 billion (update) -- Engadget
    A lot of information regarding ATT-Tmo is available, you just have to look for it and not assume...
    08-17-11 10:38 AM
    AT&T only wants to buy T-Mobile because of the data network (4G), that's the only reason! They don't want to be taken over by other companies who have faster speeds than they do! Read about it lol...
    08-17-11 10:40 AM

So basically AT&T is paying and pushing ad campaigns just to shut down T-Mobile. Please link me to your sources.

via Nexus S 4G
    08-17-11 10:41 AM
    Here is some info regarding the same
    AT&T agrees to buy T-Mobile USA from Deutsche Telekom for $39 billion (update) -- Engadget
    A lot of information regarding ATT-Tmo is available, you just have to look for it and not assume...
    BTW that article is MONTHS old and while they might have agreed to do it, the government has the final word!
    08-17-11 10:41 AM
    I'm curious to know, what is the pricing on the 9900 for tmobile?

Cause if it's 199.00 I think you should just really roll with it guy.... For obvious reasons.
    08-17-11 10:48 AM
    ATT expects the deal to be finalized by March 2012 and with the amount of cash they have to buy votes it will happen as much as you or I don't want it to. I've been with T-Mobile for 8 years and love them. Why would ATT keep a whole different spectrum open for ex T-Mobile customers which would be a clear minority of their customers. Don't call me dude if you want respect from me. Go ahead and post on Facebook and see if a huge corporation cares about anything you say.
    08-17-11 10:51 AM
    So basically AT&T is paying and pushing ad campaigns just to shut down T-Mobile. Please link me to your sources.

via Nexus S 4G
    I never said they were going to shut down T-Mobile. But why would ATT run different spectrums just for a minority of customers? ATT would charge you for the air you breathe if they could.
    Last edited by beamolite; 08-17-11 at 11:14 AM. Reason: incoherent
    08-17-11 10:54 AM
    You are wasting your time. ATT is taking over T-Mobile. They don't care. If you buy the phone it will only work on EDGE after ATT takes over.

You mean AT&T is in the process of wanting to take them over... the U.S. Government still has to approve the deal and all bets are on that they will have some restrictions placed on it if it does go forward.
    08-17-11 10:54 AM
    AT&T only wants to buy T-Mobile because of the data network (4G), that's the only reason! They don't want to be taken over by other companies who have faster speeds than they do! Read about it lol...
    Like T-Mobile has any chance of taking customers from ATT. LOL
    08-17-11 10:56 AM
    You mean AT&T is in the process of wanting to take them over... the U.S. Government still has to approve the deal and all bets are on that they will have some restrictions placed on it if it does go forward.
    Exactly so why lock yourself into a 2 year contract with so much uncertainty about what is going to happen. T-Mobile is bleeding customers because of the uncertainty and the real threat of the merger with ATT.
    08-17-11 11:00 AM
    Ok, I see why you are upset with the pricing. 299 w/Mir. That's 350 out the door, that is a donkey punch to the stomach. Why so high??
    dcgore likes this.
    08-17-11 11:18 AM
    I'm sure the att version will be priced low for tmo people to come over.
    08-17-11 11:19 AM
    Ok, I see why you are upset with the pricing. 299 w/Mir. That's 350 out the door, that is a donkey punch to the stomach. Why so high??
    Donkey punch...love it!
    JUSTQUAN2 likes this.
    08-17-11 11:20 AM
    You know, since it's probably the only "4g" is the reason behind the pricing. I'm not the in corporate world but I sure as heck would have attended the next meeting with vzw & sprints pricing scale on hand. Then again what do I know...
    08-17-11 11:28 AM
    Exactly so why lock yourself into a 2 year contract with so much uncertainty about what is going to happen. T-Mobile is bleeding customers because of the uncertainty and the real threat of the merger with ATT.
    True but if you did get into a contract you have to remember TMO EFT is $200 vs Verizon's $360 and AT&T's $350

So if you can get the 9900 for $200 - odds are people will through Costco or Amazon - keep your plan going for 3 months the 9900 will cost $400 or less.

No here's the question - doesn't the TMO 9000 now have the same freq that AT&T uses? Basically a world phone..
    08-17-11 11:28 AM
    I'm in agreement that T-Mobiles price is ridiculously high. I'm not sure how many units they're expecting to sell at that price.
    robert_in_la and arab305 like this.
    08-17-11 11:31 AM
    I'm in agreement that T-Mobiles price is ridiculously high. I'm not sure how many units they're expecting to sell at that price.
    Since I've been here you been the go to guy for inside rumors. Have you heard anything on the reason why they want to drop the steroid induced price tag?
    08-17-11 01:08 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD