so my mom and i both upgraded a few days ago. mine has been working beautifully...i went from the curve to the 9650.

my mom's has been having issues...she's new to the berry world so i'm trying to figure this out for her.
    initially, email/bbm/data stuff was coming through. then it stopped...had to do a battery pull (after the FIRST DAY!) and then stuff started coming through again.

now, it did the same thing again. emails weren't coming through, bbms weren't coming through...but texts were, so it had to be a problem with the data.
    pulled the battery, now they're all coming through at once again.

what is going on? is there something i'm missing?
    07-20-10 05:02 PM
    hmm, ok. i tried to go to the blackberry bis site and got an error message saying her device wasn't registered. i went through the steps it told me to, so we'll see now...
    07-20-10 05:07 PM
    Yeah just try to register her device and see if it works.
    07-20-10 05:21 PM
    i've followed the steps to register it twice, and i get a confirmation message from blackberry saying the device was registered. but when i go back to the bis site, i get the same error..
    07-20-10 05:26 PM
    Did you try calling your service provider?
    07-20-10 05:28 PM
    that's my next step, thought i might be able to figure this out on my own or with help but its not looking good!
    07-20-10 05:29 PM
    when in the browser on her bold, there is a little lock up at the top. when i'm on the browser on mine, the lock is "unlocked". does this mean anything?
    07-20-10 05:52 PM
    Go to options then click on advanced options
    click on Host Routing Table
    left click on the menu button and click on register now

do a battery pull

hope this helps
    07-20-10 06:38 PM
    thanks jude, i did just that. it seems to be working now, but this is what it did last night too so i guess we'll see how it works tomorrow!
    07-20-10 08:36 PM
    when in the browser on her bold, there is a little lock up at the top. when i'm on the browser on mine, the lock is "unlocked". does this mean anything?

The lock just shows that your web page is secure or not. You can get this status bar by hitting the "U" key. BTW, how is the BB today?
    07-22-10 09:28 AM
    You can also run a diagnostic check and see what it says. To do this go to Manage Connections, then mobile network options, then press bb key and select diagnostic test. Then bberry key and select run. That could also show you where you are not or are connected.
    07-22-10 09:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD