I finally got the seed device in my hands and will be initiating a battery test as well as camera ( for the type of pictures I take for my job. If there are any questions fire em off!
    08-18-11 08:57 PM
    Here comes the camera bashing.................
    08-18-11 09:40 PM
    Here comes the camera bashing.................
    Here's the first. Camera sucks, everything else is great (battery life is still up for debate)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-18-11 09:51 PM
    Must you mention the battery/camera as the first things on your agenda, as they are evidently and unanimously have been beaten to death by the flame-baiting trolls(of which I think your not a part of)?

We understand, the camera is worse than the prior devices, and the battery physical amp statistic is lower.

>_<
    08-18-11 09:52 PM
    Sorry but what exactly is a "seed" device, I have been wondering this as my carrier is replacing my phone with one

08-18-11 09:57 PM
    Let us know what you think Python. I agree about the camera part, but as I mentioned in previous threads, even though I am disappointed in the camera, I will be getting the 9900 and I got it yesterday. And like I anticipated, the speed, fluidity of the graphics, screen transitions, big screen and keyboard, browsing experience, all overwhelmed me and I am more than happy with this purchase!
    OniBerry likes this.
    08-18-11 10:07 PM
    Wait, you have it for sprint???????
    08-18-11 10:10 PM
    I finally got the seed device in my hands and will be initiating a battery test as well as camera ( for the type of pictures I take for my job. If there are any questions fire em off!
    As a Sprint customer, tell me how I can get this device early so I can see for myself
    08-18-11 10:12 PM
    Sorry but what exactly is a "seed" device, I have been wondering this as my carrier is replacing my phone with one

A seed device is simply a device ( 9930 in this case ) that's sent to carriers via a Mfg ( RIM in this case ) to business customers who request one for the purpose of testing the device to confirm it will work for what they need out of the device FOR their business.

Seed devices are never sold from what I know - they are merely phones specifically given to business customers ( customers w/ multiple lines under one name ).
    Last edited by pythons; 08-18-11 at 11:03 PM.
    08-18-11 10:18 PM
    Screw taking pics WITH the device; take pics OF the device!
    08-18-11 10:20 PM
    A seed device is simply a device ( 9930 in this case ) that's sent to carriers via a Mfg ( RIM in this case ) to business customers who request one for the purpose of testing the device to confirm it will work for what they need out of the business.

Seed devices are never sold from what I know - they are merely phones specifically given to business customers ( customers w/ multiple lines under one name ).
    I am very interested in your opinion of this device.

I am sure you will fall in love with its speed and keyboard. But I don't know how practical would it be for the kind of business you're in from what I've heard before
    08-18-11 10:21 PM
    As a Sprint customer, tell me how I can get this device early so I can see for myself
    If you are a business customer simply go through your business Agent and request one - sometimes they mail you one and other times they will just swing by your store and hand it to you.

I'm sure it's coming as a shock to a few people here I actually have one ( to those who sent me sarcastic pm's )....
    ...They can now sit and spin on a stick of their creation.
    ...I will try to keep this positive.
    kevinnugent likes this.
    08-18-11 10:22 PM
    That is pretty cool lol.
    So what is a seed device?
    08-18-11 10:24 PM
    That is pretty cool lol.
    So what is a seed device?
    A seed device is simply a device ( 9930 in this case ) that's sent to carriers via a Mfg ( RIM in this case ) to business customers who request one for the purpose of testing the device to confirm it will work for what they need out of the business.

that lol

and why does it feel like im just following you now lol
    08-18-11 10:30 PM
    Camera works fine for me. Sure my Droid 3's camera was better but if I want to take great pics I'll use my Canon.
    08-18-11 10:34 PM
    Lol, so if I change my Sprint account to a business account (using my app making business ID) and transfer our 5 family lines to it, will Sprint give me a free 9930 too?
    Probably you need more than five lines.
    Sorry to throw your thread off track
    08-18-11 10:35 PM
    Here's the first. Camera sucks, everything else is great (battery life is still up for debate)

If I were a betting man I would place my $ on the itinerary you just suggested...
    ...However I've not gone as far as testing out the camera yet - that happens tomorrow with a series of insurance related pictures.

I can already say this device exceeds my expectations in several areas....
    ...I'm a business user so I have little interest in Apps aside from the pdf scanner / google maps.
    ...Understand I'm not slamming those who feel Apps are more important than I do.
    ...I'm just coming at this from the perspective of a "business user" who uses their smartphone for work.

I have a Canon D-SLR as well as a trusty old Olympus point and shoot for the family adventures and special events....
    ...So when I say I'm interested in how the new Blackberry Bold business flagship smartphone performs.
    ....I'm saying if and how it is or isn't FUNCTIONAL for the type of things I've been doing for years on a berry.

Weight: The phone has a very decent weight to it - it's just heavy enough to scream well made.....
    ...And light enough to make you take note of it - it's kind of odd because I thought it would be light in a cheap way.
    ...In my view this part of the phone scores a perfect 10 out of 10.

Screen resolution: looks every bit as HiDef as anything out there - frankly just how good the screen IS exceeded my expectations by a country mile....
    ...This also was a 10 out of 10 in my view.

Keyboard: I can now see why the 9000 was so popular ( I never had one ) you can type on the 9930 MUCH easier and FASTER than on a 9650...
    ...For this RIM scored 20 out of 10 here, they nailed it out of the park.

Web experience: From using blackberry devices for years loading Fox New's ( full website ) was an ALIEN experience on the 9930....
    ...It's as fast as anything out there - if not faster than an iphone or droid using 3g.
    ...I was able to load up a video and it took little time to spool up and start.
    ...The video looked like HD quality to me / I was able to push the full screen open via the touchscreen AND IT WORKED!

Speaker volume: I've always appreciated the level of volume blackberry put into their devices and this one is no exception....
    ...I believe the speaker is even louder on the 9930 than it is on my 9650.
    ...Again, a 10 out of 10 here.

I don't think I like where they put the mini USB slot for charging and PC hook-up....
    ...Perhaps this is only due to the old hat of it being on the other side.
    ...This isn't a big deal as most times the device is plugged into my pc.
    ...I'm just dragging pics out I need to attach to an insurance report.

I will have more information by tomorrow night as to the camera and battery life!
    Last edited by pythons; 08-18-11 at 10:59 PM.
    imrank128 likes this.
    08-18-11 10:50 PM
    Lol, so if I change my Sprint account to a business account (using my app making business ID) and transfer our 5 family lines to it, will Sprint give me a free 9930 too?
    Probably you need more than five lines.
    Sorry to throw your thread off track
    Pump it up to 50 plus lines and around a dozen or so air cards and yer there.....
    ...I'm afraid they will not let you mutate the family plan into a business account.
    ...You could always try however.
    08-18-11 10:55 PM
    Screw taking pics WITH the device; take pics OF the device!
    Here ya go, right next to yer request.
    08-18-11 11:06 PM
    If I were a betting man I would place my $ on the itinerary you just suggested...
    ...However I've not gone as far as testing out the camera yet - that happens tomorrow with a series of insurance related pictures.

I can already say this device exceeds my expectations in several areas....
    ...I'm a business user so I have little interest in Apps aside from the pdf scanner / google maps.
    ...Understand I'm not slamming those who feel Apps are more important than I do.
    ...I'm just coming at this from the perspective of a "business user" who uses their smartphone for work.

I have a Canon D-SLR as well as a trusty old Olympus point and shoot for the family adventures and special events....
    ...So when I say I'm interested in how the new Blackberry Bold business flagship smartphone performs.
    ....I'm saying if and how it is or isn't FUNCTIONAL for the type of things I've been doing for years on a berry.

Weight: The phone has a very decent weight to it - it's just heavy enough to scream well made.....
    ...And light enough to make you take note of it - it's kind of odd because I thought it would be light in a cheap way.
    ...In my view this part of the phone scores a perfect 10 out of 10.

Screen resolution: looks every bit as HiDef as anything out there - frankly just how good the screen IS exceeded my expectations by a country mile....
    ...This also was a 10 out of 10 in my view.

Keyboard: I can now see why the 9000 was so popular ( I never had one ) you can type on the 9930 MUCH easier and FASTER than on a 9650...
    ...For this RIM scored 20 out of 10 here, they nailed it out of the park.

Web experience: From using blackberry devices for years loading Fox New's ( full website ) was an ALIEN experience on the 9930....
    ...It's as fast as anything out there - if not faster than an iphone or droid using 3g.
    ...I was able to load up a video and it took little time to spool up and start.
    ...The video looked like HD quality to me / I was able to push the full screen open via the touchscreen AND IT WORKED!

Speaker volume: I've always appreciated the level of volume blackberry put into their devices and this one is no exception....
    ...I believe the speaker is even louder on the 9930 than it is on my 9650.
    ...Again, a 10 out of 10 here.

I don't think I like where they put the mini USB slot for charging and PC hook-up....
    ...Perhaps this is only due to the old hat of it being on the other side.
    ...This isn't a big deal as most times the device is plugged into my pc.
    ...I'm just dragging pics out I need to attach to an insurance report.

I will have more information by tomorrow night as to the camera and battery life!
    Perfect unbiased review man

Bear in mind, we cannot judge the battery before 3 full charge cycles / 3 days have passed.

On day one, my battery went down from 100% to 25% in 7 hours. Offcourse I was using and abusing every feature of the device and rebooted three times so that is in no way a judgement.

Give it a few days before you post your battery findings.

Awaiting your insurance docs test

I will soon go to my mom's place (she has a 9780, then take this phone on a side by side photo shootout tour
    08-18-11 11:14 PM
    Here ya go, right next to yer request.
    Thanks for the photo, I hate it when people start accusing members of not actually having a device and ask for photos. But at least you slammed it right in his face
    08-18-11 11:15 PM
    I am very interested in your opinion of this device.

I am sure you will fall in love with its speed and keyboard. But I don't know how practical would it be for the kind of business you're in from what I've heard before
    I can honestly say I want it to work and will do everything I can to make it work....
    ...I don't even like taking pictures of broken up things but this is part of what I do for a living.
    ...I will NOT go back to packing around a camera when I've been spoiled for the last 2 plus years.

I don't want to screw around learning a new U.I. - I love the BB U.I., it's perfect "for me"......
    ...I will be giving the camera a realistic FAIR test.

As others have pointed out we already know this camera takes inferior pictures to what a two year old blackberry produces.....
    ...This does not bother me - yeah it sucks but for what I use the phone for I can accept it.
    ...My test will be IF the camera is even FUNCTIONAL for a business user such as myself.
    ...I really hope it is.
    08-18-11 11:15 PM
    I can honestly say I want it to work and will do everything I can to make it work....
    ...I don't even like taking pictures of broken up things but this is part of what I do for a living.
    ...I will NOT go back to packing around a camera when I've been spoiled for the last 2 plus years.

I don't want to screw around learning a new U.I. - I love the BB U.I., it's perfect "for me"......
    ...I will be giving the camera a realistic FAIR test.

As others have pointed out we already know this camera takes inferior pictures to what a two year old blackberry produces.....
    ...This does not bother me - yeah it sucks but for what I use the phone for I can accept it.
    ...My test will be IF the camera is even FUNCTIONAL for a business user such as myself.
    ...I really hope it is.
    Make sure to turn on Image Stabilization On in the options.

And always try taking a pic at normal zoom then close up, then try taking a pic far away with the digital zoom and see which is better.
    08-18-11 11:17 PM
    man, you take crappy pictures. it must be user error mine takes great pictures and i have yet to have one come out blurred. my 9650 (with AF) was very hit and miss with the focus.

fyi...the device is out. plenty of people have already posted pics, including pics of text. if you need help using the camera, i am sure plenty of people will jump in and give you tips.
    08-18-11 11:22 PM
    Make sure to turn on Image Stabilization On in the options.

And always try taking a pic at normal zoom then close up, then try taking a pic far away with the digital zoom and see which is better.
    I'll try those things - have you been able to create a PDF on your 9900 yet that you could post?
    08-18-11 11:24 PM
69 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD