Hei guys, my bold is killing me. i have to charge it every single day.
    is it because the apps im running on my bold or the os?
    operating os is 266.
    apps run in the background weather eye, google sync.

and i found iskoot for skype is such a battery sucker. if i run it the battery wont last over 6hrs.

anything i can do the approve my battery life??
    06-07-09 05:47 AM
    I don't know much about the BB Bold but I know this much:

1) Try to reduce the number of apps running in the background
    2) Make sure you are running the latest OFFICIAL OS, and if you want to have a leaked OS read the findings about it first before installing
    3) In Options>Screen/Keyboard edit the optins so that the backlight doesn't stay on for long and the brightness is dimmed
    4) Turn bluetooth off when you are not using it

Hopefully something here helps, but like I say I don't know much about the BB Bold.
    06-07-09 06:03 AM
    Bold is a 3G device and has had complaints about battery life (compared to other BBs). It depends greatly on the volume of calls/emails/browsing and of course your signal strength. I am in a fairly low 3G area at work so I switch to EDGE only when at Work, and back to 3G when leaving. This gets me through the day. (i receive about 500 emails a day and 2-3 hours of calls so I am usually done by 4pm)
    06-07-09 06:50 AM
    Are you using the Standby mode? This will lock your phone and save your battery and will still get calls, emails, notifications, etc. The more apps you have running the quicker your battery will die.

Also do you use BBMaps or Google Maps. If you use BBMaps make sure GPS is disabled and turn on only when needed. On that same note if you dont use GPS all the time disable it in options and that will help as well.

Hope this helped
    06-07-09 06:58 AM
    thanks for all ur help guys.
    iv changed to 2g mode and disabled gps.
    adjusted the brightness and backlight time
    will see how much longer does it last
    06-07-09 07:32 AM
    Its a small comp. Get used to it or get a dumb phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-07-09 08:19 AM
    What is the problem with charging your Bold every night? I don't understand.
    06-07-09 08:23 AM
    I don't get what the complaint is. After a full day of use charging your phone while you sleep for me is pretty much standard regardless of if the battery lasts more than a day or not

06-07-09 11:16 AM
    Ive seen some batterys on ebay that are meant to last longer, dunno of anyone whos got one tho.
    06-07-09 11:26 AM
    06-07-09 11:27 AM
    I've found that switching from .247 to .266 drastically decreased my battery life. Not to mention the phone seemed sluggish and not as snappy as it was before. However, some people have reported the exact opposite results. It's all a matter of how YOUR device responds.

Going from .266 to .247 is a little more complicated than a straight upgrade, but if i were you id try .247. It might be worth a try.
    06-07-09 11:29 AM
    Everyday is better than twice a day like mine, but that coz i never leave mine alone -if you know what i mean Others' suggestions are good, and what you've done is good too. For me, just put charger by my bed and at work.
    06-07-09 02:40 PM
    What is the problem with charging your Bold every night? I don't understand.
    I don't get what the complaint is. After a full day of use charging your phone while you sleep for me is pretty much standard regardless of if the battery lasts more than a day or not

Seriously. End of freaking thread.
    06-07-09 03:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD