well i had my bold in the bathroom while getting a shower ( steam...) i wiped it all off and some how changed the options so when i hit the green call button the "k's" pop up in my contacts.. the tracball gives me a "HL" the hang up button an "NM I have no clue how to change this back and i cant do anything without these buttons. please help

thanks keith
    06-01-09 08:29 PM
    Have you tried doing a battery pull?
    06-01-09 08:39 PM
    yea first thing i did. . everything seems to be working but the buttons are diffrent..
    06-01-09 08:43 PM
    Wow. Tough position to be in. Maybe let it dry out for a day or two. Perhaps put it in a bag with some uncooked rice as this will help. Out of curiosity, why would you have it in the bathroom while showering? I've seen a lot of posts from people who do this. Just seems like a big risk, given all the moisture, steam, etc. in the air. I don't get that at all. Good luck. I hope you can get it going properly.
    06-01-09 09:15 PM
    Try the rice thing...it does sound like water got in there. Hope it works.
    06-01-09 10:43 PM
    skyjackal- Good call on the rice!

Hope your bold returns to normal!
    06-01-09 11:13 PM
    Agree that an enclosed bathroom with steam is trouble.
    One should leave a window and/or door open.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-01-09 11:25 PM
    I always bring my phone when I'm on the throne but never when I'm taking a shower. When I take a shower my phone stays outside the bathroom, on the docking station in the bedroom.

I understand the need for music when in the shower and the bold can be used to play music but I wouldnt risk any kind of moisture getting to the insides of the phone and shorting something out. Do the bag of rice trick to dry out the phone and ket this be a lesson that the bold doesn't like saunas/steam baths.. LoL

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-02-09 03:56 AM
    This same thing happened to my phone 3 days ago and it wasn't anywhere near moisture or water, in fact it was a refurb I had just gotten from AT&T that morning. By night I went to plug it in to charge and my a button brought up UO and my trackball brought up K and my green dial brought up an L contact in my contact list and I couldn't do anything. I called AT&T and they wanted me to wipe it but I couldn't type the a in blackberry to authorize the wipe so they had to send me a new one. Then after I got off the phone with them I went to go use it again as I was texting without the a and all of a sudden it worked like normal. For 18 hours then it happened again while I was just sitting and texting. So I don't think your steam caused it cause mine was nowhere near moisture either time. I couldn't get it fixed though and now have another refurbished phone that arrived yesterday. If you're under warranty I'd just send it back. They also stated I could let the battery completely die to try that and see if that would help but I just gave up and asked for a new one. Makes me nervous about these refurbished warranty phones but so far this one is working ok. Good luck to you I know it's frustrating. If you have your quick button set to voice dial that was the only way I could call anyone if they were in my contact list if that helps you any.
    06-02-09 09:29 AM
    Everything you are all describing happened to me as well.. My curve was not nearly as sensitive..
    Last edited by tres; 06-12-09 at 07:57 AM. Reason: spelling error
    06-12-09 07:57 AM
    First off your crazy to bring your device in the bathroom while showering! First you are going to get condensation all over it and then the moisture sensor will bleed out on you and if you need to take it back your out of luck they will claim water damage. Second water of any kind and electronics are a very bad idea!!
    06-12-09 08:19 AM
    Never take a shower with you Bold! Instead use a sponge!
    06-12-09 08:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD