I think it is an early production mistake. I would email them and ask for another. A friend has one and it had the earpiece hole. I ordered one as well and will confirm when it arrives.
    Perhaps that is an early production mistake? Anyone have the later versions where the ear hole has been cut out?
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-15-08 04:53 PM
    i guess nobody is willing to share how the back adheres to the back or willing to show an example?
    10-16-08 10:44 AM
    I've seen the back cover, looks hideous. Why would u want to cover the back anyway?
    10-16-08 02:20 PM
    Got two more 20% one time codes:
    1hrzs3
    6cpgyk
    10-16-08 02:29 PM
    I've seen the back cover, looks hideous. Why would u want to cover the back anyway?
    i ordered a black plastic/varnished cover and would like to put a skin on that
    10-16-08 05:31 PM
    I've never tried the Zagg shield. Just recently purchased the Best Skins Ever shield after seeing great reviews on CB. Followed the directions and took my time installing and am extremely happy with the product. Would highly recommend BSE. Very important to take your time installing. The directions if followed work great, they are on the web site with how to pictures.
    10-16-08 06:25 PM
    I received my Zagg shield this evening. The bad part was waiting for it (over two weeks).

It went on easily for me. I had a heck of a time with my Lamin-X install on my headlights a few weeks ago, and a friend of mine gave me a lot of tips (like thoroughly soaking the film). So, this was really easy for me to put on. I think there are some very, very small air bubbles from my installation, but I'm sure over time the water will dry out.
    10-16-08 07:22 PM
    I dont think you can cover the back, its leather.
    10-17-08 01:48 PM
    Okay, just installed mine, never done anything like this before, so here are my learnings in the process (took 45 mins):
    - these things are STICKY! that's the point of the water on there, and on your hands. Beware - what do they stick to best? Themselves! Do not let any corners fold over onto themselves when peeling off...
    - I wouldn't do the screen first as it is the biggest and most crucial piece. I did, and I wish I had 'practiced' on the smaller less visible pieces. Think it came out fine (will know in 2-3 days), but you definitely get used to it as you do each piece...
    - the water bottle supplied squirts water out in pretty big dollops, and quite fast. Do NOT try and think 'I'll just gently press and get a bit out directly onto the device'!!! I tried once, and had a heart-stopping moment.
    - I think I understand why people freak out, I've always thought "just wait a day or two!" but my screen looks pretty horrible, and some of what the manual called 'microbubbles' don't look very 'micro' to me... a few days will tell...
    - it's IS an uneasy feeling getting water on the device... not nice, but we will see...
    - the best way i found to wet fingers is spray a good spray onto the first and second finger of one hand, then rub the thumbs, first and second fingers together to make them wet...
    - I didn't do the back piece, don't know why anyone would, think it would look terrible and the faux leather is not very damageable anyway....
    - I have had to power up my Sony Ericsson P990i while I wait overnight: WOW, the Blackberry is SO MUCH better, this phone feels like a clumsy, slow, awkward brick suddenly
    02-12-09 08:22 AM
    Yep I tried it and it was great but expensive. Had to send my Bold back to AT&T to have it replaced.

ZAGG gave me a hard time honoring their own warranty. Nevertheless, I got a refund.

Decided to try bestskinsever.com and purchased their (Full Body)product for $7.99.

Not as durable (Thinner) but work just the same.

If it tears, so what. Much cheaper. Just buy 4 at one time and call it good.
    02-12-09 09:14 AM
    I've had my phone for months and still have the factory sheild. Damn its good! Its slowly starting to come off though from the corners. Its honestly great and protects well. So just to clarify, its not really invisible its kind of tinted. I've never actually had the chance yet to enjoy the chrome look all around my phone... but my phone is safe lol
    Once it peels off I'm going to have to try one of those...
    02-12-09 11:26 AM
    Are there pictures to see the difference between a regular bold and a sheilded one?

Seems interesting!
    02-14-09 07:46 PM
    I Have Used Zagg Shield Covers On All My Phones And I Love It!!! The Best So Far. I Have It On The Bold You Can Not Tell Its On. The Iphone One Is Great Also. !!!!!
    02-18-09 01:06 PM
    I just put this on my baby... And I must say, so far so good. Install was a breeze and everything looks great. It only took a little patience and a willingness to use the spray liberally.

Thus far my only complaint is that I have to let it "cure" until tomorrow morning so I have to use my wife's old Palm Centro for the rest of the day, which just, how do I say it... SUCKS! Can't believe I let her talk me into giving her my 8300 after I got my Bold... I'm too nice.

Posted from my wife's old POS Palm Centro at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by sandos; 04-17-09 at 05:21 PM.
    04-17-09 05:18 PM
    I live in B.C. Canada and have had the full body invisibleshield since day one. I didn't apply the back or side pieces until about a 2 weeks ago even though I've had the screen, call/menu/back/end(close) buttons and the bottom front part installed. I had a blackberry gel cover for the back and sides so didn't see the point. I decided that since I have such a sweet looking phone I would want to see the effort that RIM put into designing it. I didn't use the squirt bottle for installing the back or side pieces and it worked Beautifully! I'm going to try and clean the back of the screen and get the dust off of it then re apply without the fluid. You have to get all the air out and lay it down slowly while making sure you get it layed out right. I'll let you know how it goes once I get the screen redone.
    04-17-09 08:48 PM
    I have the zagg full body shield as well. I always bring my new devices to the mall and let the Zagg salesmen install it for me Well worth the 10 bucks for installation as opposed to doing it myself.
    04-19-09 11:25 AM
    I should have done more research on this before I ordered it. I want the protection, but at the cost of my screen? That doesn�t make sense to me.

So I have to soak this thing before I place it on? It is going to get the keys wet and drip into my blackberry and then I will have a fail.

I don�t even know if this has arrived. I ordered it like 3 weeks ago? I guess I should check my mail...It�s been about that long since I have.
    04-23-09 10:19 PM
    I haven't put this on my bold yet but I have it on my e71 and its awesome. As long as you make sure your phone is off and you give it at LEAST 24 hours to dry you really shouldn't have anything to worry about as far as your device getting wet. I made sure my battery was out before installing. There was also a few bubbles in mine but they went away after it dried. I'm gonna go order some for my bold now lol

04-23-09 10:34 PM
    I put one on my bold. Originally I had the whole body shield on, but it just looked cheap and tacky so I took all but the screen piece off.
    These things are pretty amazing though. It protects my screen prefectly, and looks good. I can barely tell its there.

04-24-09 02:21 AM
    My fiance put mine on for me today. There are a lot of bubbles underneath the screen, Im really hoping those will go away.

I like the feeling of the protection though, gives me peace of mind. On thing I find unsettling is not having a blackberry - or should I call it backupberry? lol.
    05-02-09 07:10 PM
    i love this product! i have it on everything. my storm, gf's phone, two nintendo ds', my tom tom, etc. i wish my car was covered in the stuff! WARNING! when applying the film do it in a dust free area with no cloths or anything that has lint. don't even do it near a fan or ac. completing soak the film with spray as well as your hands. cut out the pieces not meant to be applied prior to removing. ie the ear hole ,mouth hole etc. if you run out of spray just use bottled water. dont worry about small bubbles since they will disappear in a few days.
    05-02-09 07:28 PM
    Thanks!!! I sure hope they disappear more, actually kinda seems like they already are!
    05-02-09 08:06 PM
    beware though, I got water under my lcd screen thursday from putting a skin like this on, and it's still there... gonna have to get a new screen.
    05-02-09 08:08 PM
    5 pages and counting... will chime in with my $0.02 anyways.

I've got one, screen only. Do heed the warnings though. I had the same issue as the poster above. The screen is not well sealed with the edges at all (also makes me worried about using the phone in the rain).

DO completely soak your fingers to keep finger prints off, but I wouldn't use too much on the film itself. Maybe 3-4 sprays.

Take your time aligning the damned thing. Its a perfect fit. Seriously, take your time. Took me about 45 minutes to get mine on, but its perfect. No bubbles, no dust, no prints, and no peeling edges.

But I did use too much spray. Ended up with water under the LCD screen. I put my phone in a ziplock bag with rice and it cleared the water right up in about 8 hours or so. But I was pissed and freaking out at the same time.

Also, I would be careful on how much pressure you use with the squeegee. On top of the water under the screen I now also have diagonal lines in my screen. They can only be seen if I hold the phone at some awkward angle, so I don't see them in my daily usage, but they are there none the less.

Take your time and good luck. Would I do it again? In a heartbeat. Its an awesome screen protector.
    05-02-09 09:57 PM
    I put one on my pearl. Its not PERFECT but dang close. Very slightly crooked, with a few tiny air bubbles/dust flecks under it. Nothing that hinders my view of the screen though. Be patient, take the battery out when you install it, and you'll be fine. Keep your fingers wet with the spray, but only MIST the screen protector

05-03-09 09:55 AM
85 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD