HI,

As the tiltle suggests has anyone tried Zaggs invisible Sheilds? If so which version would you recommend either the screen or the full body?

At the moment I have a cut down iPhone screen protector, not perfect but better than nothing.

Thanks in advance.
    09-12-08 06:18 AM
    Hi mcbarret,

I have the full body Invisible Shield from Zagg. The material it is made of is claimed to be military grade and I can well believe it. Once applied (which is quite easy to do thanks to the supplied squirty bottle of odourless liquid) and dried the material hardens to an impressive shiny and tough finish.

As to recommending full or just screen coverage - (this sounds a bit obvious but) it depends on how much of the phone you want to protect.

The screen part covers the screen perfectly. The whole body provides coverage for the back and thin strips of chrome between the buttons around the edge. The four buttons either side of the track-ball and the black trim at the bottom are covered. Obviously the individual keyboard keys, not the trackball is covered.

I was a bit suprised that all of the chrome wasn't covered - the rim showing with the device facing full on and the same on the back are still exposed. I guessed that these areas wouldn't get the same amount of impacts than the covered areas anyway - so not really a deal breaker.

Overall it is a very impressive and professionally produced product. Highly recommend.
    09-12-08 07:23 AM
    I bought the full body skin version, but ended up only applying the screen and back parts, and making a complete arse of it in the process. Ended up with bits of dust under the screen part and while you can't really see it unless in the right light, I'm still gutted.

But overall, I would definately recommend it. As an aside, the back protector actually helps the device in your hand - it's less slippy and therefore safer to hold imo.

If anyone in the UK wants what i have left (the fluid and pieces EXCEPT for screen and back) PM me your address and I'll see what I can do.
    09-12-08 07:39 AM
    how can you remove backcover to pull battery if this plastic sticks like glue?
    09-12-08 07:41 AM
    how can you remove backcover to pull battery if this plastic sticks like glue?
    It doesn't make it so you can't remove the cover - it only covers the cover
    09-12-08 07:43 AM
    Thank you all for your input, much appreciated.

Another couple of quick questions:

1, Is it easy to remove afterwards and does it leave any noticeable marks?

2, Did you purchase the covers directly from Zagg or is there a UK based company that sells them?

Many thanks once again.
    09-12-08 07:51 AM
    What's good everyone? Firgured I'd put in my two cents in. Recently picked up the curve about 3 or 4 weeks ago. Gotta say the best phone I've ever had, and I've had a lot of them! I had put the full body invisible shield on my ipod, which works great! My only gripe would be the price. After reading through the forums on the best website ever! I found a company called best skins ever. So after reading good reviews I firgured I'd give them a shot. I ordered just the screen protecor, although they do have full bodys kits for the same price. 9.00 dollars including shipping and two days later it was here. Applied it and it looks and performs exactly as the invisible shield at a 1/3 of the cost. As a bonus I get an extra two of them. Can't beat it.

They do come of with some work, and they will not leave any marks on your phone. Once you pull it off you cannot reapply do to the fact you stretch em when you take it off.

Hope this helps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-12-08 08:21 AM
    I bought the full body skin version, but ended up only applying the screen and back parts, and making a complete arse of it in the process. Ended up with bits of dust under the screen part and while you can't really see it unless in the right light, I'm still gutted
    LOL! That's EXACTLY what I would do and have done with all my other screen protector efforts!! Dust under the screen bubbles etc
    09-12-08 08:44 AM
    I haven't used it on a Bold yet but I can say that they are excellent shields! I tried jamming a pen through it and it wouldn't penetrate. Super strong.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-12-08 10:05 AM
    man i facked up the screen protector, got the same issue, got a few bubbles and looks like a bit of dust. its tough to put on, or maybe i just totally screwed it up.

I don't understand how the version for the back works though..what about the camera/flash/protruding chrome bb logo area? there's no cutout for that. as of right now im leaving off the back part.
    09-18-08 05:52 PM
    it's like installing 3m paint protection on your car, or if you bring your car to get your windows tinted...

luckily i've had experience in installing vinyl overlays on my car so putting on the invisibleSHIELD was a SNAP =p
    09-18-08 07:38 PM
    All I know is that I've been waiting nearly 3 weeks for them to ship out my shield... Think I remember reading that BestBuy carries them? Can anyone confirm this?
    09-18-08 07:44 PM
    energie, it has been over 3 weeks of waiting for me too. I read that they are real slow with Cdn orders.
    09-18-08 11:30 PM
    It doesn't make it so you can't remove the cover - it only covers the cover
    I have a question here, how do you cover the back of BOLD if the back is made of leather materials?

I've thinking to get either BodyGuardz or Invisible Shield when the bold comes out for AT&T.

If someone can post some pics on how the back side of BOLD looks with these protections films, I will be highly appreciated!
    09-19-08 01:05 AM
    thanks for the subject. I didn't know about this product. I visited the website and bought myself one. I will now wait for this to be delivered to my casa Will post once i try it myself
    09-19-08 01:14 AM
    For Canada, it only offered the free shipping option
    09-19-08 09:24 AM
    Zagg site is down. I can't access it.
    is there other site where I can buy this shield?
    09-19-08 09:41 AM
    Anyone else have any input?

I ordered the full body kit on the bold and they finally shipped it today
    09-23-08 01:34 PM
    Anyone else have any input?

I ordered the full body kit on the bold and they finally shipped it today
    Hey, let me know how it turn out with the full body kit, especially with the back cover.

A picture on the leather back with Invisible Shield would be highly appreciated.
    09-23-08 06:24 PM
    Sure thing, ill post it up. They shipped it out today via UPS so hopefully I will get it sometime next week.
    09-23-08 06:53 PM
    Sure thing, ill post it up. They shipped it out today via UPS so hopefully I will get it sometime next week.
    Thanks a lot! If it turns out good, I will start ordering mine before ATT release the Bold!
    09-23-08 10:21 PM
    I kinda messed up on the screen protector.. does anyone know if I can remove it and reuse it?
    theres a lot of bubbles and a line from trying to take it off and reposition it when I was installing it..
    09-27-08 01:37 AM
    You can remove but can't really reuse.

Just leave it for a few days. Most of that stuff comes out.
    09-27-08 01:52 AM
    After installing it, I don't like the feel when I'm holding the bold..
    Also the trackball feels kinda stiff.. I don't know why..
    09-28-08 09:29 AM
    I installed an Invisibleshield immediately got my Bold. First time I had done it. Made a bit of a mess of the piece that covers the bottom of the keyboard (where the vodafone logo is) so that has a little crease.

The trick is to really soak the shield in the liquid they give you. Clean the screen really carefully, then apply the shield and quickly mop up the excess liquid. I used an old spec cleaner cloth for cleaning and mop up. Worked perfect;y not a single bubble, or duct.

I don't get what the back shield is for I can't see that sticking to the leatherette surface so did not put it on. Anyway the battery cover of the Bold is an easily replaced item. So I am keeping the back part to replace the screen cover if it gets damaged.

Recommended
    09-28-08 10:47 AM
85 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD