I installed an Invisibleshield immediately got my Bold. First time I had done it. Made a bit of a mess of the piece that covers the bottom of the keyboard (where the vodafone logo is) so that has a little crease.

The trick is to really soak the shield in the liquid they give you. Clean the screen really carefully, then apply the shield and quickly mop up the excess liquid. I used an old spec cleaner cloth for cleaning and mop up. Worked perfect;y not a single bubble, or duct.

I don't get what the back shield is for I can't see that sticking to the leatherette surface so did not put it on. Anyway the battery cover of the Bold is an easily replaced item. So I am keeping the back part to replace the screen cover if it gets damaged.

Recommended
    How is the covering for the qwerty keyboard?
    09-28-08 11:09 AM
    How is the covering for the qwerty keyboard?
    it doesn't cover the keyboard
    09-28-08 12:46 PM
    I installed an Invisibleshield immediately got my Bold. First time I had done it. Made a bit of a mess of the piece that covers the bottom of the keyboard (where the vodafone logo is) so that has a little crease.

The trick is to really soak the shield in the liquid they give you. Clean the screen really carefully, then apply the shield and quickly mop up the excess liquid. I used an old spec cleaner cloth for cleaning and mop up. Worked perfect;y not a single bubble, or duct.

I don't get what the back shield is for I can't see that sticking to the leatherette surface so did not put it on. Anyway the battery cover of the Bold is an easily replaced item. So I am keeping the back part to replace the screen cover if it gets damaged.

Recommended
    Wouldn't that excess liquid get in the screen's grooves and wet the switch board or whatever you call that inside?
    Also, does it bring any protection for the chrome part on the edges?

I'm afraid of the liquid.
    BB is so sensitive to water...don't I know it, I drowned one
    09-28-08 01:34 PM
    I would think that over time from taking it in and out of pockets that it would slowly peel the corners where they are joined. No?
    09-28-08 01:34 PM
    Yup - I was pretty worried about soaking the contacts.

There is no covering for the QWERTY just for the Menu, Back and two phone buttons.

As I applied the cover any drops of water that made it to the sides were mopped up immediately. Then once the cover was fully down it slides around a bit. Carefully position it and then soak up the excess liquid. Then do not touch for a couple of hours. I left my under a small light just to keep it warm.

Once dried I have had no problems with around 3 weeks use so far.

BUT - I am not suggesting immersing your BB! do be careful.
    09-28-08 02:30 PM
    Alrighty well I got an email from Zagg's last week saying the item was shipped Monday at 7:30, so I should be getting it today according to the UPS estimated delivery time on their site.
    09-30-08 11:30 AM
    I got mine yesterday. Took them almost 2 weeks before they even shipped it. Not sure why the delay and they never gave me any indication it was delayed. As for installation, I thought it was rather easy, you just need to take you time. My main complaint so far is that the screen cover also covers the ear speaker, greatly reducing the volume and clarity of the phone. If I was smart I would have cut it before putting it on. It's durable enough and the hole that has to be cut is small enough that it has been difficult to get through. I have a small cut in there now, and it is better. Later tonight I'll work on getting the rest of it off of there.

Other than that, I like it so far, only time will tell though if the screen cover will get scratched up. For the price, I hope not.
    09-30-08 12:25 PM
    I ordered mine when it was announced so they are waiting rather impatiently for the Bold to launch. I do have a Zagg Invisible Shield on my 8820 and it is great to have for protection.
    09-30-08 12:35 PM
    can you buy these in the UK, or anything similar?
    09-30-08 12:48 PM
    Other than that, I like it so far, only time will tell though if the screen cover will get scratched up. For the price, I hope not.
    Of course it'll get scratched. This is why you put them on your screen, so that the protectors get scratched and not your screen
    The beauty about it is that you can replace them.
    09-30-08 12:56 PM
    I only ordered the screen protector, not the whole kit. Upon receiving the product, I went over the instructions very carefully and applied it, but it didn’t set well on the Bold’s screen. There are few ridges (ups and downs) and wasn’t as good as the temporary screen protector that came with Bold. The material however is very durable. Zaag is sending me another one. This time, as other suggested, I’ll soak up the screen with the spray very well. Last time I did spray, but probably wasn’t fully soaked. I’ll keep you all posted once I receive my replacement one

On a side note, I also ordered two screen protector from cnn.cn site (Hong Kong) – it only cost $ 1.99 US – along with other parts, and shipping is $5. Will find out about their quality.

Word of caution: Turn off your device (Pull battery off) and try not to turn on for few hours. This way even if the water goes in your device will dry. I applied the product before I went to bed and didn't turn it on untill next morning.
    Last edited by ifte; 09-30-08 at 01:37 PM.
    09-30-08 01:31 PM
    Well I installed the full kit and I am pretty sure the solution may have killed my screen. It states in the instructions on their site to keep the device turned off for 12-24 hours after installation. As I was putting the protector over the power button, I accidentally pressed down on it and the device powered on. When it came on I noticed that the far left side of the screen looked a little brighter then the rest, I pulled up the shield on that corner and wiped it with my cloth but to nothing happened, it looks like it inside the screen.
    09-30-08 05:59 PM

Of course it'll get scratched. This is why you put them on your screen, so that the protectors get scratched and not your screen
    The beauty about it is that you can replace them.
    Well there are screen protectors that start to look bad very quickly and you have to replace them and there are those that last for a long time without looking bad. Given the price, I'm hoping for the latter.
    09-30-08 08:24 PM
    Well I installed the full kit and I am pretty sure the solution may have killed my screen. It states in the instructions on their site to keep the device turned off for 12-24 hours after installation. As I was putting the protector over the power button, I accidentally pressed down on it and the device powered on. When it came on I noticed that the far left side of the screen looked a little brighter then the rest, I pulled up the shield on that corner and wiped it with my cloth but to nothing happened, it looks like it inside the screen.
    shoot man, can you replace a new one with rogers by reporting a manufacturing defect?
    09-30-08 08:55 PM
    I don't have the Bold yet, so I haven't used the skin for it, but I can definitely vouch for ZAGG and their shields.

This product is worth the price. Don't even listen to the use the alternate cheaper one as there is a difference and you can tell with the lifetime guarantee that is given with the shields. I have used it on all my products. Great all around protection.
    09-30-08 09:03 PM
    Anyone from India using these 'protectors'?

if so,kindly guide me,I wish to buy one for my BOLD!

Thanx in advance.
    10-13-08 03:29 PM
    i am also wondering like others how the shield covers the battery cover...

can anyone help us out and post a picture?
    10-13-08 10:14 PM
    HI,

As the tiltle suggests has anyone tried Zaggs invisible Sheilds? If so which version would you recommend either the screen or the full body?

At the moment I have a cut down iPhone screen protector, not perfect but better than nothing.

Thanks in advance.
    I have cut my iphone screen protector as well..
    i have a new antiGlare iphone screen protector i am ready to meticulously cut
    i am going to make a template.
    i think it will cut down on the fingerprints and grease smears
    10-13-08 10:50 PM
    Once I get the Bold I can tell you how it works out because I have two full kits ready and waiting, one for immediate install and other in case something goes fubar.
    10-14-08 09:12 PM
    I had no problems with this . It was somewhat difficult...but i took the time .."patience"
    10-15-08 12:52 AM
    I've got the scren protector and it's great. Really feels tough. Can be hard to put on. I gave my screen a good clean and got it on first time but that was more blind luck than skill. I'd highly recommend it.
    10-15-08 07:57 AM
    You can in fact remove the invisible screen protector after you have applied it, if you are careful. It doesn't really stretch that much and will eventually go back to its original form. Once you have it off the phone, wash it with liquid detergent and rinse it well until all the dust is off. You can reapply it easily. It is ok to apply it when wet, (even with water if you run out of the solution) when you are appying it. Your hands should be wet too. Just be careful you don't leak water into the phone. I have used this product on every ipod and phone I have ever owned and it's simply amazing. I have it on the bold right now, but like one of the previous posters I only applied to to screen and buttons either side of the track ball. The back is covered with a neoprene case so there is no need for back coverage.
    10-15-08 08:08 AM
    Ordered mine last Thursday from an authorized reseller on ebay. Received a shipping notice on Friday so hopefully it will arrive soon! That's if it doesn't get help up at the boarder (Canada). I purchased the full body protection so will apply it per the instructions and hope for the best. The only thing I don't like is how its said to cover the ear-piece speaker (as mentioned by a previous poster). That doesn't seem right. If you cut out that piece and its not exact is it noticeable? Can you see the line of where the shield is from where its not?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-15-08 09:36 AM
    Ordered mine last Thursday from an authorized reseller on ebay. Received a shipping notice on Friday so hopefully it will arrive soon! That's if it doesn't get help up at the boarder (Canada). I purchased the full body protection so will apply it per the instructions and hope for the best. The only thing I don't like is how its said to cover the ear-piece speaker (as mentioned by a previous poster). That doesn't seem right. If you cut out that piece and its not exact is it noticeable? Can you see the line of where the shield is from where its not?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Perhaps that is an early production mistake? Anyone have the later versions where the ear hole has been cut out?
    10-15-08 09:40 AM
    Just so you guys know... You can get 20% off your order. Enter "BackSide20" in the coupon section of the checkout and you will get 20% off.
    10-15-08 04:31 PM
85 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD