This doesn't happen alot but it has me concerned. I have OS 5.0.0.699 for Sprint Bold 9650. I dont know what sets it off but sometimes when I push the camera button on the side, a white screen pops up and all I can see is "reset" in the center of the screen and then the phone will quickly start to reboot. When it reboots, everything seems to work fine. I managed to find a picture of what I think it looks like. The only thing I know for sure is the "reset" part. The phone came with the current OS already loaded. Has this happened to anyone else? What causes this? Is there a way to fix it? I know I have a lot of questions and I'm sorry. Thank you in advance for any help. Also this is my 2nd Bold, (which the first one did the same thing) and I am past my 30 days.
    07-02-10 07:27 AM
    Hasn't happened to me. Had my 9650 since May and ha to download OS 699, hope it doesn't happen. To me even if its past 30 days don't give up, just keep pleading your case unemotionally. Someone will eventually hear you. The bad cell or OS is not your fault.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-02-10 07:45 AM
    You have a one year warranty. Have you tried wiping and reloading the OS? Or upgrading to 732?

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=487898

http://forums.crackberry.com/f172/ca...reboot-484797/
    Last edited by plkcable; 07-02-10 at 07:50 AM.
    07-02-10 07:48 AM
    This has happened on my Storm 9550 but I am always running hybrids and it happens very rarely. If you aren't running a hybrid I would try a different OS or try for an exchange.
    07-02-10 08:34 AM
    i havent tried wiping and reloading. I will try that and reformatting the media card as well. Its aggravating to have a new device and have to go thru all this. I know anything man made is going to fail...but its still aggravating. But will all this being said and even with the issue...I still love my Bold and wouldnt trade it for any other phone.

Thank you everyone for your help. I appreciate the time you took to help me.
    07-02-10 08:46 AM
    Try using camera from hitting the icon instead of the button.

07-02-10 09:20 AM
    Weird. That's the screen you see if you do a reset with the keyboard Left Alt-Right Caps-Delete).
    07-02-10 10:04 AM
    Myself and another coworker of mine just got our Bolds in last Friday. She said hers has rebooted on it's own twice after ending a phone call. Today, I was in a phone call and pressed end and it did the same thing. There seems to be something causing the phone to crash radomly. We are both running the latest OS.
    07-02-10 10:08 AM
    Call a Sprint rep, but first, have you downloaded ant photo or video apps. that require a reboot?
    07-02-10 10:09 AM
    Call a Sprint rep, but first, have you downloaded ant photo or video apps. that require a reboot?

No, nothing for photos or videos. Whats crazy is that it doesnt do it all the time. I have tried different things...put it in the holster then pull it out and press the camera button...nothing. End a phone call, press the button...nothing(this is how it did it this morning, hit the camera button by accident, then it rebooted). I did a repair on the media card and opted not to keep any lost clusters. Hasnt done it since but I'm not convinced its fixed from just that. Will have to do more when I get home from work.
    07-02-10 10:31 AM
    It's happened to me once...I've got my VZW Bold running .732, so I don't know that it's necessarily the OS. Like I said, it's only happened once to me and has worked fine every other time.
    07-02-10 10:39 AM
    Welcome to the wonderful world of CDMA. The Palm phones used to reboot sometimes when they lost the signal for an instant. No one really solved that problem. Also 3rd party apps often did not play well with one another and caused random reboots. Just a guess that might be the some on a CDMA berry.
    B B

07-03-10 05:01 PM
    It's happened to me a few times, could never pin it to one specific issue
    07-03-10 06:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD