I dont think it's really a dumb question but I am curious. This mostly goes to those who have tried putting the 9700 housing on the 9780. Did it fit perfectly?

Note that this does not really suggest that I am switching my 9780 case for the 9700 BUT my blackberry will probably go naked soon cos I like to see it's full body (that just sounds a little awkward) and I don't think there are OEM housings sold for 9780 where I am as of the moment, so if something happens, at least I know i'll be pretty confident in buying 9700 housings.
    04-24-11 12:23 PM
    so i assume there won't be any issue? provided with the fact that the housing is OEM
    04-24-11 10:27 PM
    They're both the same size. Give it a try.
    04-25-11 05:42 PM
    It fits perfectly.

I got this bling gold chrome housing for my blackberry bold 9780.

The housing's quality is alright. The keyboard that came with it however, is rubbish. They added some metal weight of some sort to the battery cover, adding some heft to the phone.

I'm torn on this. On one hand it looks really tacky on the other it adds some flair to the otherwise boring 97xx phone. I had the regular silver chrome one too but

05-26-11 10:42 AM
    That gold body looks sharp!
    05-26-11 11:45 AM
    haha man! That is certainly a unique looking phone.

I honestly can't decide if I think it looks really badass or really stupid, I'm constantly flipping between the two, haha .

Congrats on the switch though, looks sweet! I bet it's a sweet conversation starter.

PS: Where'd you find the cover anyways? Any others you were considering getting? You have me thinking about changing up the housing now.
    Last edited by roadcabe; 05-26-11 at 12:31 PM.
    05-26-11 12:27 PM
    Thanks. I'm also torn whether it's lame or funny.

But yah definitely a conversation starter.

I got it from truesupplier.com, sku# SKU21558

I bought the silver chrome one too but it fit poorly (different design) and looked a bit like a stock 9700 with more chrome.

They have a ton of other ones. I would like a bronze/orange chrome one perhaps but that might look more ridiculous than the gold one lol.
    05-26-11 12:40 PM
    I think the gold looks cool, on the front I agree it looks a little tacky with the black screen and keyboard, but the back looks very cool

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-26-11 10:18 PM
    yaah ive tried
    i had a white one for a while and then i got bored of it so i went back to the original one
    it perfectly worked !
    go for it

as for the gold housing it looks amazing
    where did you get it from >?
    05-26-11 11:26 PM
    Truesupplier - Blackberry Accessories,iPhone Accessories & HTC Accessories wholesale Co. the part number is SKU21558

I just wish the keyboard fit better. It would've completed the look.

I really like the weighted battery cover (metal I believe). The 9780 has nice heft to it now.

yaah ive tried
    i had a white one for a while and then i got bored of it so i went back to the original one
    it perfectly worked !
    go for it

as for the gold housing it looks amazing
    where did you get it from >?
    05-27-11 09:03 AM
    I find all those metallic and aftermarket housings are junk. Paint wears off in a month or two and the keyboards are hard to read and feel like crap when typing. Stick with the oem. Its all I will install anymore. Unhappy customers with the chineese garbage
    05-27-11 10:45 AM
    its the same i normally have a pink one
    05-27-11 08:29 PM
    I've done it. Theyre the exact same phone physically.
    05-28-11 12:18 PM
    Howdy, first post here

I bought this exact gold chrome housing from truesupplier and received it today.

All is well except, I don't know how to put the top piece on?!

Lemme post a pic... the original front housing is all one piece, this is two pieces. It looks like (comparing the original to this one) that the original is like, melted together with little tabs. This new one has the same tabs, but came as two pieces. So... gah.

Help?!

07-15-11 03:39 PM
    I rock a black 9700 back on my white 9780 because the leather is a bit softer - better for grip

07-15-11 07:33 PM
    I'm impatient so I epoxied that piece on like it is with the original housing. Now to let it dry overnight and pop it on tomorrow... fingers crossed that I did the right thing. Sigh
    07-15-11 09:44 PM
    It fits perfectly.

I got this bling gold chrome housing for my blackberry bold 9780.

The housing's quality is alright. The keyboard that came with it however, is rubbish. They added some metal weight of some sort to the battery cover, adding some heft to the phone.

I'm torn on this. On one hand it looks really tacky on the other it adds some flair to the otherwise boring 97xx phone. I had the regular silver chrome one too but

that's awful.
    07-16-11 01:18 PM
    It's bitchin' But, I have a warped sense of style. I rock one of those obnoxious jewel-encrusted cases on my Desire HD.

The gold keyboard worked perfectly on mine. It now looks like C3PO's phone (according to my friends). I put a clear snap on case on it to protect the chrome finish.

My next project is to replace the middle frame housing, since I put a big ding in mine when I dropped the phone. I didn't feel so bad voiding the warranty with the housing change, since I had pretty much already accomplished that by putting that big ding in it.

Anywho, loooooove this housing!

07-17-11 10:12 PM
    The white band on the lcd screen kinda ruins the look of it. That's one of the reason I prefer black phones, easier to customize.

07-18-11 12:55 AM
    ^this
    07-18-11 08:15 AM
    Meh Doesn't bother me - hence me doing it... and not you!
    07-18-11 02:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD