My bold is acting out after QL update. Just wondering what are the "CONS" as well as the PROs. Is there a "system restore" that I could use. I can still received/make calls, SMS, but not wi-fi, lost all my contacts, cannot sync, lost all my passwords. What other options that I should make (with your help) to restore or go back to factory settings. Your help is very appreciated. Thanks.
    06-17-09 11:43 AM
    Did you do a battery pull?
    06-17-09 11:46 AM
    I didnt get your question . Sorry
    06-17-09 11:47 AM
    Couple of things that you can do. First of all, regular battery pulls are necessary for the health of your berry. Also is usually the 'fix most' solution for anything that goes wrong, there are no 'cons' to this. . In terms of a 'full reset' of your device, you can do this through OPTIONS - SECURITY OPTIONS - GENERAL SETTINGS. Once there, press the blackberry activity button to pull up the menu and select WIPE HANDHELD. You will then be prompted to type 'blackberry' to complete the process. Your device will then be restored to it's original factory settings. The only 'con' to this is that you will lose everything on your berry that you haven't backed up via desktop manager. Next suggestion would be to upgrade your operating system to a better 'official' version. The directions may sound a little scary but it really is pretty easy to do. Search the forums for direction on how to do it, they really have been well written and are easy to follow. I went through 4 Bolds when they first cam out before I started upgrading the OSs, haven't had an issue since. 'Con' here is that you can potentially brick your berry - again make sure you're comfortable with the instructions posted in the forums on "How to recover a bricked Berry". If you do everything the driections tell you to do, you can't fail. Final suggestion is to make sure that you back up your blackberry to your desktop using Desktop Manager on a regular basis. Just in case, this'll make sure you never lose your info again (it would be the end of the world for me lol) and will also facilitate your switching devices if necessary. Good luck!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-17-09 12:03 PM
    It's a bit premature to wipe the device.
    06-17-09 12:13 PM
    I already did the OS upgrade to .247 and was very happy with it not until I upgraded to QL 2.08 where my nightmare started. My only concern is when I try to reset - wipe handheld, it says that "message services and other services will be turned off". What do you mean by this. will my unlocked bold will be locked.
    06-17-09 12:44 PM
    I already did the OS upgrade to .247 and was very happy with it not until I upgraded to QL 2.08 where my nightmare started. My only concern is when I try to reset - wipe handheld, it says that "message services and other services will be turned off". What do you mean by this. will my unlocked bold will be locked.
    Again, try a battery pull. If that does not work, uninstall QL and do another battery pull. Then think about reinstalling QL. I have had 2 issues with my phone, and both were after upgrading an app. I'm convinced o just uninstall the old version and do a fresh install of newer versions is the way to go. Wiping the device will not help, it just erases settings and data.
    06-17-09 02:28 PM
    Sounds like good advice bt224. I can't speak as to the "unlock" issue, but when wiping your handheld, the phone will turn off it's radio so that warning message is normal.
    06-17-09 04:03 PM
    Sorry, missed the unlocked question. No, it will not become "relocked" to the carrier. It's actually kinda hard to do that.
    06-17-09 04:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD